Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: POS system printer zebra UPS LP2844  (Read 2675 times)

mochronik

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Experienced
    POS system printer zebra UPS LP2844
    « on: January 22, 2017, 03:24:34 PM »
    got a Zebra UPS LP2844  for my store but it won't print at the moment.
    Ver. 2.6.67 build 3539

in connected devices it shows the printer is connected but has a yellow triangle in the bottom
    when you go into its options it shows eferything on pause and says

Java printing: error printing

any ideas? any more info needed just ask.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: POS system printer zebra UPS LP2844
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 03:41:45 PM »
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

mochronik

Topic Starter

Rookie
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 03:46:33 PM »
      See Here...

thanks but I've already been going through that, and other forums / random postings but I'm still nowhere
      currently removing and reinstalling Java

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 01:33:43 PM »
      Was the prior printer this same exact model or is this a new used POS setup?

What OS/Version are you running?

I use to service NCR and Fujitsu POS systems on DOS and Windows XP Embedded running ISS45. Haven't worked with Zebra brand before but might be able to help. We used mainly Epson Printers.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 01:54:04 PM »
      I've always been of the mind that POS systems are appropiately named...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 02:46:18 PM »
      They can be... especially if employer doesnt have a budget to buy new or upgrade an obsolete system  ;D

I think the most frustrating was a tight $10,000 a year POS budget and getting by with 7 year old POS systems that run 24/7/365 with 9 hours idle time and 15 hours run time. Had a failure rate of about 1 system a week dying due to hardware being run into the ground. I ended up having to buy POS systems and Epson printers on ebay for parts to mix and match to have some spares to swap in. When unable to get parts on ebay I was buying good used hardware through Xerxes which is now TDX Tech.

We had 32 registers across 4 Point of Sale locations. 2 Gas Stations had a copperlink TUT modem 1.2MBPS bridges to main store that was 2 miles from it by renting a copper pair from Telephone company under "Burglar Alarm Circuit" is what we told them we needed this way it was a copper pair that was direct point to point and a low cost secure network bridge over a 1.2/1.2 connection for each bridged location and cheaper than VPN over an ISP.

Also had my wrist slapped by New Hampshire DOT for swapping out a printer on a NHOST Automotive Inspection system that gives pass/fail info to state DOT database. Inkjet printer in a garage bay with brake dust and grime lasted 4 months and died. Called for them to come out and service it and they said it wont be until next day. The garage needed to print peoples inspection paperwork and the Kiosk type of system that the NHOST was wouldnt allow you to do anything until printer was satisfied. I went to walmart and bought a $30 Lexmark and back at my office I made an autorun CD to give me CMD prompt. From command prompt I had admin control of NHOST kiosk and was then able to install the Lexmark driver since the printers driver disk required you to run setup and didnt have an autorun to it. Next day the state sent out some "Qualified" tech to service it and he saw them inspecting cars using the Lexmark inkjet and well I was given a phone call to come down to garage. Got down there and guy was saying that I have no right to hack their system. I said I didnt hack their system, I said we have customers that need cars inspected and if your too slow to get here to fix it I will fix it myself. He asked how I gained control to install drivers. Told him that Autorun is a powerful feature, he grinned and said he didnt know they were vulnerable to that and gave me the Lexmark back and installed a new Epson Stylus like the other one that failed. I then said here is an idea... give us a spare Epson so if this happens again I can swap it out and not do the unauthorized printer installation as admin to keep customers happy. I explained that customers are not happy when they go to get an inspection that is scheduled and turned away due to a dead printer. He called his boss and he said sure given that I was going to do the lexmark trick again if we were in same situation and they wanted me to stay out of admin mode of the NHOST Kiosk, so I was then able to swap them out as they got gunked up with brake dust and other grime from 3 garage bays. And the guy then just come by and pick up the gunked up printer and deliver a clean one as the next spare.