Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Software for 3D Mattress Section creation  (Read 3593 times)

blackgrecian

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Software for 3D Mattress Section creation
    « on: January 30, 2017, 04:12:35 AM »
    Hello there, i have a mattress store and i wanna create mattress section images for my website, 3d if possible. I dont have any prior experience with 3d softwares. Is there an easy way to do it?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Software for 3D Mattress Section creation
    « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:02:59 AM »
    I believe Cyberlink has one or more software products that will do that.  See http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50982.page and/or search through their website for info on their products.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 09:25:05 AM »
    You could hire someone to do the 3D rendering to make 3D objects to make the mattress. This way they already have the pricey software and skills to pull it off at a agreed upon cost.

If I was to do this, my method would be a low tech and take a 12 x 12 or larger room and mark the center of floor and then lines out from center at degree intervals for each snapshot of the mattress, and at the end of the lines a dot say 10 feet away from center allowing a 10 foot radius if travel from center all around so objects lesser than 10 feet can fit within this space and be pictured and camera remains at the same distance from the center point, and a tripod used to keep the height off the floor the same for each picture. Lighting in the room you would want to make to your liking, shadows or no shadows. I would probably go with 20 pictures at 18 degrees each snapshot if you want 360 degrees of turning ( rotation ) of the mattress clockwise/counter clockwise.

For the website to have ability for users to rotate the 3D like mattress since its actual pictures of the mattress its real and lifelike and visitors at the website could click on a left or right button web navigation buttons to turn the mattress clockwise or counter clockwise.

With 20 pictures if it starts at picture 10 and they click the right button it will step to picture #11 18 degrees counter clockwise, and if they click it again the right button its picture #12 an additional 18 degrees counter clockwise. If they keep clicking they will be able to rotate the mattress pretty quickly all the way around and end up back where they started. Clicking left button on the webpage would turn the mattress clockwise at 18 degrees per click.

You could use this room for taking anything you want to create a 3D 360 degree like view of and the HTML to pull it off would be not too complicated. Java Script or PHP etc with Java Script being the easiest to code up but primitive type of web interaction in a web world that is mostly Flash and HTML 5

If you want to have where you can zoom in and zoom out and rotate the mattress on any axis for real true 3D rendering, then the smoke and mirror type of camera trick I mentioned above wouldnt work out too well because my suggestion lost cost your on a 2D plane around the radius around the object that rests in the center of the 360 degrees. You would need a camera setup similar to Hollywood to have the camera on a track that could rotate around the mattress from any gimbal assisted angle from center point and create a spherical image request type of system possibly Numbers used for degree steps on the X axis and Letters used for degree steps on the Y axis to keep track of what image snapshot belongs where for the 4 buttons up/down/left/right to call to the correct image. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimbal

What direction are you looking to go... use of actual pictures to generate a 3D 360 degree like from a fixed camera angle to center environment or someone to render your mattress in a CAD like environment to make it that way?

Also do you have any experience with HTML and do you have access to your websites HTML code to alter it or do you have a webmaster who controls this?

*I took advanced photography in college as my arts program requirement and had a lot of fun with it and you really have to enjoy angles and mathematics to make seamless 360 degree panoramic where multiple pictures blend together as a loop so someone standing center to that loop of pieced together images sees it all around without transitionary flaws where each image is joined to the next. That was my final project a loop of photos taken at exact degrees out from center point, camera being center point, and the greater number of images taken the more precise the loop of spliced together pictures is without noticable flaw. Your project if a camera is used is the inverse of my final project. Instead of pictures out away from center in my project, your on the outer ring looking in to center at a fixed distance away from center point. I was going to make a hemispherical project in which someone could step in one location and lower the hemisphere over their head and look around from any angle and feel as if they are standing exactly where the images were taken but I couldnt come up with a gimbal that was without error as well as lighting was a problem lowering a hemisphere over someones head as for they are now with their head in a half circle in the dark, so a loop of images on a fixed plane spliced together was my project so that lighting for the person viewing it all wasnt a problem and looking out at a fixed axis you can see a location 360 degrees but looking up your looking at the ceiling of the classroom. I had images on a large rube like lamp shade that people could walk onto a marked box on the floor and pull a cord and this would lower the tube around them so they could look around 360 degrees from where image was taken. When they released the cord, a counterweight brought the rube with images in it back up so they could walk off without knocking their head on it or having bend down to stand up inside and bend down to walk out as well as people are different heights and so the further you pulled the cord the further down the tube traveled to where it could be pulled to anyones line of sight without havingt o look up or down at it while inside, just pull cord to desired picture height and hold the cord and look around, then release the cord and it would slowly raise back up for the next person to do the same.

blackgrecian

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 01:53:05 AM »
      Thank you DaveLembke for the reply. It is obvious that you're an expert in this kind of stuff! And although your suggestions was very specific and detailed,they were too complex  for me.I'm attaching a couple of images of what i want to do.I dont want my images to rotate. Please tell me if there is an easy way of doing it myself,without having to pay any proffesssionals.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

DaveLembke

Sage
      « Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 09:47:06 AM »
      So you just want to add these 2 images to your website then. They are then non interactive, they are just there static on your website?

Who does your websites web design and who is your web master?

blackgrecian

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 02:31:06 AM »
        I'm the one making the website using a ready template from Wix. I am an amateur at this , that is why my questions may seem a bit annoying and childish. I just want to create static decent looking, matress section images. Nothing too fancy. What i need is sth simple for the time being.

DaveLembke

Sage
        « Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 06:12:47 AM »
        Can you share your website so i can see what you have now, what your currently working with to make suggestions or is the page not live yet? And not childish at all, coming here we have no clue as to skill level until some questions given and answers received, so your new to this and we are patient with that. We know to be more descriptive now and not talk above your skill level.

Also you can do this all on your own, but I have also seen people hire out the initial build of a website, and then when completed the maintenance to update pictures, price tags, product into etc then handled by someone with lesser skills than a web developer to keep costs down.

blackgrecian

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 01:52:51 AM »
          To tell you the truth the page is not live yet, because i am focused on solving the image issue.I am just actively searching of ways to do it myself.My budget is really tight at the moment and i cant afford to hire a proffessional for this.

DaveLembke

Sage
          « Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 07:04:54 AM »
          You might want to look into a WYSIWYG website builder then. It will allow for you to place content down and the coding is handled by the program that assists.

One really easy way of making a information webpage one that has information but no point of sale e-commerce functionality to it would be if you have experience with Microsoft Power Point or Word, you can create the layout with information and pictures placed as you want them and then save your project as a HTML document. Then its just a matter of paying for a web host or going with a free one that would be ad supported and could have ads that pull customers away from your website elsewhere, so a cost would be to have the site hosted unless you bought a domain name, and ran your own apache server and payed for electric to keep that running. *Its not very expensive to use a web host service and less of a headache.

There is also a Word to HTML converter tool here, but not sure how well it works. i have never used it but saw it in a google hit: https://word2cleanhtml.com/

My preference would be to do it in Power Point vs Word for HTML but its up to you to go that route or find a website that is a WYSIWYG for making your website.

Have you bought your domain name yet? If you havent that is important. This will be a fee to maintain and if not paid for before expires you can lose your domain name. Some out there look for businesses to mess up and then they will buy up the domain before the business can and hold it hostage at a cost to have it back. Rare that this happens but it has happened. The other thing most businesses do is buy up all domain names of all variety of sites under the same name, so they pay extra to own .com .edu  .gov  .net and so on so that noone can run a website with a very similar domain to your own.

soybean

Genius
          • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 09:11:40 AM »
          Another option for creating your web pages is WordPress.  https://wordpress.com/