Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC Network Problem, probably not the router  (Read 2407 times)

Charl99ie

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    PC Network Problem, probably not the router
    « on: February 03, 2017, 07:55:39 AM »
    Hi Everybody, first of all i want to apologize in advance if my english isn't the best, but i find this forum very helpful so i'm going to do my best to make this understandable.
    Ok, my PC seems to have some Network problems since 3 days. It isn't able to connect to my Home Network or to any WLAN at all. I already checked on my Router and rebooted it. My handy and other Computer (which is connected with an ethernet cable to it) seem to have a prefect connection, just my PC not. The PC is pretty old, it's an HP elitebook 8530w from at least 2008. I run it with two OS (Windows 7 and Linux Fedora 23 or 24, not sure, GNOME 3). It has till now worked without problems. I really don't even now what could have caused it. No downloads lately, no connecting to a new Network, nothing. I already tried on both OS, Windows doesn't show any WLAN Networks at all, only Dial Ups and VPN. Fedora tell's me on the other hand that the PC is in Airplane mode, and even tho i try to turn if off it won't let me. The option isn't even possible.
    Any idea? Thanks in advance for answers :)

Charl99ie

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: PC Network Problem, probably not the router
      « Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 10:14:23 AM »
      Already solved it, with the most embarrassing answer of all.
      In Fedora i tried the "rfkill" command to figure out what was wrong and guess what i found out, my wifi was "hard blocked". (it deserves a facepalm)
      Sorry for this stupid question, i can't believe that i didn't noticed it before (i didn't even knew that i could switch the Internet Connection on and off like this on my Laptop).
      Anyway, lesson is learned :)