Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 64 bit after upgrade screen is luminous Green?  (Read 3644 times)

tom373uk

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Windows 7 64 bit after upgrade screen is luminous Green?
    « on: February 11, 2017, 07:36:01 AM »
    After the latest automatic update,I now have a luminous yellow green screen?I have tried to repair it by-:
    1.Trying system restore,which worked but I still have the Green Desktop.
    2.Removed the Nvidia GEFORCE GT240 Graphics card and installed a different one..makes no difference.
    3Replaced the Hard Drive with another and installed a different operating system..Ubuntu..I still have the green screen!

I am wondering if Windows has somehow destroyed the graphics controller on my motherboard..an Intel DG45ID with quad core Q8200 Processor and 8GB DDr2 Memory.

Has anyone else experienced this problem,is anything recoverable or is the Motherboard damaged beyond repair?

Any Help appreciated

Michael

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Windows 7 64 bit after upgrade screen is luminous Green?
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 07:41:58 AM »
    1) Windows can't destroy hardware.
    2) Have you tried a different display just to rule out bad hardware?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows 7 64 bit after upgrade screen is luminous Green?
    « Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 12:26:39 PM »
    Id also agree that its the monitor itself or cable being used is damaged. Years ago I had a VGA display that if you moved the VGA cable just right you would get a purplish red tinted screen. It was unfortunate that the monitor cable was hard wired to the 14" CRT, but the CRT was manufactured in 1989 and here it was 2001 and so it was about time for that display to be upgraded anyways as well as be able to break out of the 800x600 limitation I had to 1024x768 with a newer SVGA 17" CRT display.