Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: in need of some old data info  (Read 1933 times)

jerryallenjr1985

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    in need of some old data info
    « on: February 12, 2017, 02:29:27 AM »
    yes i have a question i am wanting to find out every single website i have ever signed up on since i started getting on a computer and this has been like since 2000
    and i am wanting to find out also every email i have ever signed up since then because i dont like the idea of me having accounts out there and not knowing or remembering how to get in them and close them
    i have contacted various private i's and they say they can recover some and i even hired one and she did a *censored* job
    so does anyone have any ideas of what i can do

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: in need of some old data info
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 04:37:55 AM »
    Strange request, and not knowing what you had for e-mail accounts is an interesting one.... almost an inverse to yourself as if your looking for someone elses e-mail accounts other than your own because that is a greater probability of unknown.

Google is the only means I know of for searching this info for free, and very interesting the need to snuff out these accounts going back to 2000. Data just doesnt go away if thats your hopes. Its on backups with companies that can be restored to the web and dumped there was well as part of an archive for legal reasons if there were a court order for example to look into an investigation, its still out there unable to be deleted. Deletion would be illegal of deleting information related to wrong doing etc.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 06:58:05 AM »
    Your memory and record keeping are your primary options.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 07:48:28 AM »
    If you are paying people to do this you will run out of money waay before the task is even 1/2 way done...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 11:33:21 AM »
    If you have habits with regard to note keeping, yu can find the information on our computer or on your backups.
    Example:
    One user has the habit always make  a TXT file with his user name and password for every e-mail  and other account ever made at any time. He always made a note in a TXT file. Sad to say, he does not remember how he named the text files he created. He only recalls that he always used the TXT type and never the DOC type for the files
    Solution? He turned on the indexing service for his PC and started to look for text  files with  the @ character. He found a lot. He had to read each one. some

Of course, if one tends to have bad habits,  one can pay other people a lot of money to arrange the disorder.  ::)

Side Bar:
    In the USA that are a number of wrongful convictions due to improper use of forensic evidence. This could possibly happen with data gathered from e-mail.