Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Constantly losing connection  (Read 2587 times)

Kanuck

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Constantly losing connection
    « on: February 24, 2017, 05:39:05 PM »
    Hi,

I have 3 PC's on my network, 2 laptops on wifi and a desktop that's wired. The one laptop (Aspire E1-570) constantly loses connection every 2 hours or so, while the other computers have no problems at all. What I'm not understanding is that when it loses wifi connection, a wired connection will not work either, until I restart the computer.

I have tried formatting it, resetting the router to factory, disabling the firewall, changing encryption mode. Nothing seems to work. I have upgraded this PC from Win 8 to Win 10 about a year ago. There were no problems until recently. I do not install the network drivers manually, I allow Windows to find them. Acer doesn't have Win 10 drivers for me to try.

If someone could offer some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Constantly losing connection
    « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:38:27 PM »
    Could it be a power save mode thats kicking on trying to save battery life when idle and inactive? That is, does this ever happen right in the middle of using it, or always after its left idle and you go back to it?

It might be as simple as shutting off the power saves features in power management so that the network adapters never get put into a sleep state which there might be a bug as to why it doesnt come back out of sleep state for hardware until reboot.

Kanuck

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Constantly losing connection
      « Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 01:02:38 AM »
      Thank you for the reply Dave. It does seem to cut out when I'm not using it. I'm not sure why it would all of a sudden become a problem now, but I will turn off power saving mode and report back. Thanks again.