Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What's Wrong With My Zelda Randomizer Setup  (Read 1935 times)

casse2go

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Don't feel bad...I'm lost too.
    What's Wrong With My Zelda Randomizer Setup
    « on: March 07, 2017, 06:00:20 PM »
    Howdy CHers, I hope you're all doing well. If any of you are familiar with the Zelda Randomizer you know that two or more people can play the same seed on separate computers and get the same results. Well, I am not up on downloading and such so I had Geek Squad install the Zelda Randomizer the the Emu and Rom for me.

So now I should be able to play the exact same game as someone else is playing even though the tool randomizes the Zelda game. However, when I try to play the same game using the same flags with the same seed It always comes out different. this can be done because there are races using the ZR. So I want to know, what is most likely keeping me from getting the same results as even one other person? Could something on my computer be interfering with the ZR? 

If you have a ZR for LoZ and would like to test a seed with me, please seed me the specifics. Please no presets, quest 1 only, Link/green tunic, No greyed boxes.... only flags please. this is just a test run. 

Thank you sdo much...
    If you say, "I can", you're right. If you say, "I can't", you're also right.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: What's Wrong With My Zelda Randomizer Setup
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 07:05:03 PM »
    I'm not sure if I'm surprised, or not surprised at all, that Geek Squad would happily help you with software piracy...

At any rate, it would suggest different version of the software, or different versions the game ROM.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: What's Wrong With My Zelda Randomizer Setup
    « Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 05:30:30 AM »
    Thread locked.