Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Device and Drives  (Read 11014 times)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Device and Drives
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 09:12:39 AM »
As an aside, again, I do not understand CH.  I had logged in for a day to post, but when I tried to send the post it takes me back to Welcome Guest the login where I have to put in my password again!  Did it three times tonight so have to put in as New Topic.   
Well, the reason for a posting screen taking you back to the login screen is probably that you were timed out before you submitted your post.  If you are losing your typed text when this happens, here's a tip.  After typing your message but before hitting the Post or Preview button, copy and paste your text to Notepad on your computer.  Alternatively, you could type your message in Notepad, WordPad, or any word processing software installed on your computer, and then copy and paste it to the forum posting box when you have signed in and are ready to post a message.

But, you can probably avoid this timing out problem by reviewing your forum settings.   When you go to the Welcome screen and enter your username and password, you'll see a drop down box to the right of the password box; clicking the drop down arrow shows options for length of time to remain signed in. 

I am using Firefox browser now so maybe I need to use another browser. I am also answering from the email notice.  Maybe I should not. Ya got me! Anna Ruth Whoops, now I did not have to use New Topic.
Firefox works fine for forum use.  I use it all the time.  And, clicking on a forum link in your email notice is fine, but this does not mean you will not have to sign in.  If you were signed out, the method you used to open the forum makes no difference; you'll still have to sign in.