Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help :D  (Read 2395 times)

orlie123

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    help :D
    « on: March 12, 2017, 07:11:17 AM »
    well the story goes like this, i bought a new computer 3 years ago, gtx 660, intel i5, new screen (CTX). at the begining everthing worked perfectly fine, but at some point things were a little bit off. i had crashes and such. i had the best resolution supported by this screen, but at some point it lowered to 1260X860(something like that). so i figured i just need to chaged the resolution in the settings, but i have only 2 options (this one, and 640X800), and in the past i had around 10 different options. what do i do? how can i change my resolution to what it should be? furthermore, i have another problem with this computer, whenever i turn the computer on, it shows ans starts as it should, windows sign and all, but when the computer enter to the desktop suddenly the screen goes black and i need to turn off and on to get it back. it happens sometimes when i open new programs or games as well. really annoying, really hope u guys can help me!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: help :D
    « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 07:26:12 AM »
    Do you have another display to try system on to see if its a synchronization issue with monitor?

System Crashes however could point to issues with the system itself. Do you have a list of all parts that make this computer including motherboard and power supply make/model?

Assuming you already have updated the nVidia video card driver to be up to date for the GTX 660?