Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: system restore point - automatic ancient entries recovery upon startup  (Read 4571 times)

raefe77

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    hi guys,

I have issues of old System recovery files reappearing upon Startup (https://www.screencast.com/t/0aWBqHOi0Jq), even though I removed them all with this guide: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-delete-all-system-restore-points-and-previous-versions-of-files-in-windows-7

Even with disabling System protection it didnt work, because although the PC was churning and it seemed like it was doing it's Job at first, upon each restart the same old entries from 2012-13 reappear. The strange thing is that before I do a restart the new manual restore points I create are actually created fresh, but upon restart Windows seems to recover the ancient entries again and neglects the new entries that I recently created. When I enter a safe-boot mode the list is clear which is what it should be, but of course i cant create any new restore points in safe mode!

Is the recovery Folder C;\Windows\System\Recovery where the recovery Points are stored? Can I edit the ReAgent.xml file or dig deeper into the registry (upon my own responsibility of course) if you provide me the path in regedit?

Cheers, raefe77

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    raefe77,
    No, this is no any kind of answer. Rather, some questions.

Do yu want or need any restore points?
    Would you like to really destroy forever all the recovery data?
    Do you have the Windows system install DVD?
    And d do  you have copies of all software you use?
    Do you have another PC to use as a test bed?

I the answer is yes, you can install everything on the spare PC.  8)

raefe77

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      the answers are yes, but that doesnt resolve my issue. I want to repair THIS system recovery backup to be able to repair THIS Computer, not another pc.

Is anyone else able to provide some help digging into the Registry, please..? Either manually or by some kind of freeware tool?