Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need help with browser issues on Windows 7 Google Chrome  (Read 4750 times)

haus_kat

need help with browser issues on Windows 7 Google Chrome
« on: March 18, 2017, 06:18:35 PM »
There are issues lately with my browser which I think are stemming from flash player but I don't know why.

I have Dell Inspiron i17RN-3530DBK laptop computer with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with Chrome version 57.0.2987.98 and the Flash player on the browser is version Version: 25.0.0.127. With that there is the following extensions enabled:  uBlock Origin 1.11.4, Adblock for Youtube 4.2.0 and WOT: Web of Trust 3.2.22 

I think the browser updates itself and maybe the flash player too? I assume these are the latest version of each. On some websites I can't press buttons and have to use another browser with that particular page to get functionality. Last night, I had pages that I select to open in a new window popping up under the current browser window instead of over it. That went on for like two hours before it stopped doing that by itself.

The main issue is when I go to play an app game that I like  on Facebook. The game has all sorts of issues lately. I thought it was just the game but when I describe the problems to other players, it seems they are not having them so it must be only my computer.

The first thing that I noticed is that the game's window will suddenly jump downward on my screen by itself randomly. If I move the scroll bar on the browser to put the window back into the center of my screen, it will randomly jump down again. If I try to play the game in full screen mode then the whole picture will jitter and jump every few seconds. I can't play because this is nauseating.

I don't have any issue with graphics if I just watch a film or show on Windows media player or watch a YouTube video. For some reason, the issue just affects the game.

For the past week or so, the game is getting some big grey square appearing at the bottom of the game app window and it has a broken face icon and says  "Please update your flash player by clicking HERE" yet the flash player was updated?

I tried just restarting my browser and when I opened it again, I was prompted to give permission to Facebook for the app game as if it was not already installed. There is a lock icon that is supposed to be to the left of the game's URL but on my computer it then goes to a "i" in a circle.

(I tried to attached a PDF file of GPU info but it said file size was too big)

I hope this info I provided can help me sort out this issue. Thank you :)

edit: I did disable the browser extensions to see if any were causing the issues but it doesn't seem that they are

lostcoast

Hopeful
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: need help with browser issues on Windows 7 Google Chrome
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 07:10:06 AM »
 1. Have you updated all drivers from the Dell site for your model? 

2. have you installed drivers from any other source but Dell?

3. Have you tested with Firefox browser?  it may need flash add on.

4. Have you downloaded Flash to windows?
I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.