Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Request Help in finding a way to Clean install windows 10 from a USB  (Read 4022 times)

wilspeak

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    I tried to fix a C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt PC Boot error. When that didn't work I tried clean install clean install win 10 from a USB Drive with the windows 10 ISO installed on it. That didn't work either. When I got to the part " Where do you want to install windows" None of the 6 drives would allow windows to be installed. Can you help me install the windows 10 ISO? Thank You

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Request Help in finding a way to Clean install windows 10 from a USB
    « Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 10:17:51 PM »
    Six drives? Or do yu mean six parttions onone drive? Or some combinaton of drives and partitions?
    Wubdws 10 wants to replace the boot loader used by older versions of Windows. 
    I have installed Windsows 10 a numbver of tmes just for the expoerince. I noticw taht some combinatons of drive partitions don't work.

You might consieder installin WIndows 10 on aspare hard drive. And let Windows 10 delete and format it. (But taht is not alwasy necesary.)

Also, when you boot the Windows 10 installer from aUSBdrive, avoid having anyother USB drives on the system. That even apploies to the HP promnter that has a USB drive when connected via USB. Drove me crazy!