Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Save Windows apps to SD with phone??  (Read 2353 times)

Gnargnar

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Save Windows apps to SD with phone??
    « on: April 06, 2017, 12:56:17 AM »
    Anyone know if I can save an xp pro or any Windows app to my SD card using my phone. Every time I try it, it says it's not compatible. I was hoping that I didn't have to root my phone because every time I do that it seems I end up with another problem. Pleeeeeeez any help would be rad. Thanx

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Save Windows apps to SD with phone??
    « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 05:22:02 AM »
    I deleted your duplicate post. Please don't ask the same question more than once.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 05:51:44 AM »
    If your phone is Android then its not x86 compatible and so it wont run the Windows App. If there is an app that allows a x86 Windows environment within Android then you might be able to make the windows app into a portable app and run it through an x86 emulator.

Might be able to do it through this:

www.cameyo.com/

Gnargnar

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:46:45 PM »
      Okay I understand possibly running with you and any later if I was trying to run the program on my phone but I'm actually just trying to save app to my SD card so that I can remove my SD card from my phone then put it in my computer to install whatever it is I'm trying to install onto my PC because I'm having trouble getting on the internet with my PC

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 06:56:18 AM »
      Oh ok, so download through phone a program and save it to SD and then insert SD into PC and install off of SD ... "a sneaker network" as they call it.  Ive never tried to download a MSI or EXE to my phone before, and website rules may actually block you from ever seeing link to the EXE or MSI if they have OS/Browser detection and then it passes a webpage formatted for android for example to show up as only able to download whatever it is for android.

Do you have access to another computer that isnt an android. Download it using that computer to a USB thumb drive, and then avoid the route of using your phone or is the phone the only option you have?

Are you able to navigate using phone to even start the download process or can you never get there thru the phone because of OS/Browser detection in which the web server of the website is detecting android and hiding ability to download for Windows a ZIP, EXE, or MSI?