Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dsl unstability  (Read 2422 times)

johnsmith2

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    dsl unstability
    « on: April 08, 2017, 10:26:13 AM »
    hi expert.

i have a dsl connection unstability problem. every thing is fine from outside as repairing team from my ISP says. they said that problem is your inside home wiring. now inside i have a pbx system and a dsl modem. i also put an adsl spliter betweem dsl modem and pbx box. so when we call to anyone out internet connection is become disconnect. and also if we not call then it too become unstable after 15 to 20 minutes.

i check every thing even my adsl splitter and it works good in my neighber..
    one thing i want to clear that in side we have many cuts (joints) in telephone cable due to want more telephone connection. but these cuts are after adsl splitter. and the other thing is that my distance from main telephone wire to my adsl splitter is about 10 meter long. so please tell me what is actually wrong with my disconnection and unstability.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: dsl unstability
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 02:03:40 PM »
    one thing i want to clear that in side we have many cuts (joints) in telephone cable due to want more telephone connection. but these cuts are after a dsl splitter.

DSL is picky when it comes to line noise. With all the splits and splices i'd say you have noise on the line on the inside. You could try a filter for DSL phone line and see if this helps... if you really need all these extra connections, i would pay for an additional dedicated line for land line and keep the DSL and the land line phones separate. Additionally if the connections are poor connections with the spliced on connections this can also add to the problem as well as florescent lighting can be making EMF noise which gets onto this poor quality phone wiring that is likely unshielded wire in which the poor quality ire should be replaced with shielded wire to protect from noise.