Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Issue with the Monitor  (Read 2830 times)

SidiusPOA

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Expert
    Issue with the Monitor
    « on: April 14, 2017, 08:45:27 AM »
    Suddently the left side of my LG 23EA63 turn redish. Also if i open a game or a new window i see an imprint of the previous window.
    I have included an image . Does anyone know what this is? can it be fixed or i need a new monitor?

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Issue with the Monitor
    « Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 07:59:38 AM »
    Try a different monitor. If you dont have another monitor maybe your TV has a VGA or HDMI input to connect your computer to the TV to see if it acts the same. If it acts the same then its artifacts and its most likely caused by a failing GPU ( video card ). If its integrated video that is doing this then you can add a video card. If its a video card, then replacement of the video card should fix this. If its the monitor then you will need to get a new monitor its either a burned screen from prolonged use without screen change or refresh issue. If the monitor is new and still under warranty send it back for replacement. If the computer is still under warranty use the warranty if available to save money. Lastly it can also be cause on the rare occasion by shared memory with a RAM stick that isnt quite right. But its usually the GPU or a Monitor refresh or burned screen issue.

SidiusPOA

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 01:08:03 PM »
      I have changed the monitor and placed 2 different. One LG 34 inch and one Samsung 22 inch, they work perfectly! so the issue is with the monitor! So it is not a Graphic Card Issue.
      I guess i need a new monitor correct?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 02:10:47 PM »
      Yepper...

Fortunately these days it's cheaper than a new vid card...count your blessings.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

SidiusPOA

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 04:18:56 AM »
        yes that's for sure. my graphic card is the 1080 nvidia by evga.  But does any one know what caused this issue? I am in computer for more than 25 years and I have never seen such an issue.  what makes it worse is that once per 2-3 days it fixes itself for as long as I have the PC on and the monitor on screensaver.  but if I will turn the monitor off then it is brought back.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 02:29:23 PM »
        A component on the LCD Controller board likely went bad; a Capacitor, Integrated circuit, etc.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

DaveLembke

Sage
        « Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 06:01:40 AM »
        A component on the LCD Controller board likely went bad; a Capacitor, Integrated circuit, etc.

Also to note... I Have also seen this with LCD displays that were displaying something and then they face planted ( got smacked or struck ) on the screen surface to retain a ghost image of whatever was being displayed at the time of the impact which was strong enough to do this, but not break the screen. Affects LCD displays only, LED displays dont have this liquid crystal ghost after impact affect.

Glad its just the display and not video card.  :)