Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MSI GL72 6QC not booting past MSI logo screen  (Read 2516 times)

phillywilly247

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    MSI GL72 6QC not booting past MSI logo screen
    « on: April 17, 2017, 12:58:51 PM »
    As the title says, recently my laptop has not been able to get past the initial MSI logo screen. A few days ago it took a little longer than usual to get past this screen when booting up, but it made it, so I thought nothing of it, the next day it had done a windows update restart and ever since it never gets past this screen even leaving it overnight. It doesn't respond to any commands, can't get into BIOS at all, even the num and capslock lights don't respond

I have tried removing the internal battery, holding the power button down, holding the bios reset button thing down. I have removed the HDD and the battery and tried booting, nothing works. One similar post here said that removing the graphics card allowed them to get into BIOS and fix from there, however this model comes with an Nvidia geforce 940MX which doesn't appear to be removable.

The only recent change I have made was to download the latest driver from the nvidia website, could this have caused the problem? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.