Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how do you get around that stupid "adFly"?  (Read 9920 times)

haus_kat

how do you get around that stupid "adFly"?
« on: April 20, 2017, 01:24:14 PM »
there's a website I frequent that tries to force visitors to disable their adblocker and have arranged it so that you can't get content unless you disable your adblock but then when you click links you get stuck wasting 10 second each time for this stupid "adfly"crap I found a way around it and spread the word but then the people that ran the site changed it so my way to get around it no longer works. *sigh* I had basically just copy the adfly link and had a URL extend website reveal the direct link to bypass the stupid adfly but now when you copy the link it won't reveal the direct link any more, just another adfly link. I tried an add-on that says it would block adfly but it doesn't work. at first it worked perfectly but after a couple hours it stopped working. I have Chrome browser and Firefox too. is there any way to skip wasting time to wait for countdown and just go directly to the link, avoiding adfly?

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: how do you get around that stupid "adFly"?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 02:35:53 PM »
I have done tricks to block them in addition to the adblocker for Firefox. I have had some sites detect my adblock and completely refuse to show the video etc. Others there is a black screen for how long the ad would be running for and then the video plays. I too tried to blacklist URLs as a means to block ads and they got smart using dynamic links that continually change and so the blacklist method doesnt work anymore for me.

My one friend is recording shows online that have commercials associated with them and if its an hour show etc, walk away for an hour and come back later and play the video capture and he can fast forward over commercials this way same as a DVR for Cable TV etc. It doesnt eliminate the commercials, but the ones that last longer than 10 seconds, he can just look at the time stamp and move the slider 10, 20, 30, or 45 seconds forward to skip over time wasting commericals and it only took 2 seconds to move the slider.

haus_kat

Re: how do you get around that stupid "adFly"?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 06:13:42 PM »
I don't use it for skipping commercials. I usually torrent shows I watch and they don't have commercials when you download them. the adfly nonsense was related to web sites for app games. not sure what is going on with my computer but the adfly skipping thing is working again all by itself.