Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: some web pages no long work  (Read 2929 times)

sexaymama84

some web pages no long work
« on: January 05, 2006, 02:52:58 PM »
all of a sudden one day i wake up, and i'm not able to sign into my bank account online, check certain email, or go onto different sites, because a no page able to display page comes up.  It's a problem exactly like Marg's, she how ever has got her computer to work, and i can't because i'm not sure i know wat to do wat she did.  I've done everything, tried fifty diffent spyware, virus and adware programs.  rebooted, cleaned all the disk, and still nothing.  well she reset her computer back to when it was workin fine and used her spyware and found a trojan horse.  does neone know how to do that, or a nother solution to fixin it?  plz help

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: some web pages no long work
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 02:59:50 PM »
    wheedleus....... Ok ....here's how to do that .......BUT , have you run a scan with Ewido ...it's very good at finding trojans .....
    http://www.download.com/Ewido-Security-Suite/3000-8022_4-10326287.html
    it's a fully working 14 day trial .....

..... Before you attempt to use system restore ......... here's what I would suggest.  This info applies to win XP ........

Reboot your computer into Safe mode .....( repeatedly tap the F8 key ) it should now begin to load in safe mode .......it will look completelydifferant the a normal start up ....... you will be given several options as to how you wish to start ...... select SAFE mode ........
    Then once its finished loading , run a complete scan with your anti virus ( which should be up to date ...... ) then if you have Spybot installed , I would run that as well . Do the same if you have M/S antispyware installed ........
    if you system appears to be clean we can move on to the next step.........
    System restore.  Click START/All programs/Accessories/system tools/system restore. when the new window opens ..... choose ...restore my computer to an earlier time ........ click next .........then using the calendar choose a date which is in (bold) and is just before your issue started .......then click next .....it should do its thing and then give you the message that your computer has been restored ....bla bla bla ......
    Then close that up and your good to go........
    A word of caution when using system restore .......it should not be used if you think you may have a virus or trojan in residence because ...these pests love to hide in the system restore files ......... and then when you do a restore ....the pc may become infected all over again.

let us know how you make out .

dl65  
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

sexaymama84

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 03:06:13 PM »
    ok, thank you for the help, i'm gonna try it and see if it works.  i have one question...if i do the system restore will it delete nething i have on the computer like music?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 03:13:36 PM »
      wheedleus....... No , I think it will leave those alone ........

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.