Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Add License Wizard is missing  (Read 12126 times)

castelon

Add License Wizard is missing
« on: May 05, 2006, 12:47:18 PM »
I need to add CALs to my Windows Small Business Server 2003 domain controller. I access "Licensing" in the Administrative Tools folder and it tells me to go to the Add License Wizard. I have read that the wizard is in the Server Management console. I can find neither the Wizard nor the Console. I am beginning to have the horrible thought that I somehow installed the Server operating system incorrectly, even though I was very careful. Everything else is working correctly. The "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server" folder is also absent. SP1 is already installed. Does anyone know to get to the Add License Wizard?

castelon

Re: Add License Wizard is missing
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 11:02:13 AM »
The issue has been resolved. I spoke with Dell Tech Support and they had me simply insert the Windows 2003 SBS installation CD. I clicked on the "Install Now" option and the "Continue Setup" icon soon appeared on the desktop. I just finished the installation that I began last June, and the Server Management console was then present along with the Add License Wizard. I added the licenses and everything seems to be working fine. The Dell Tech first told me that I would have to re-create my staff's user accounts and also rejoin all of our computers to the domain, but thankfully that was not necessary.