Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: serious game and display issues, please help  (Read 5337 times)

falconkaji

serious game and display issues, please help
« on: September 25, 2004, 05:08:03 PM »
Here's the deal.. earlier on i tried to install a Logitech quickcam messenger webcam. During the installation, I needed to insert my windows 98 cd. However, I didnt realize I had windows 98 second edition on my computer, and i accidently replaced a few of my second edition files with lower windows 98 ones. I dont know if this did anything, but my webcam never got any picture so I uninstalled it. Now, whenever I try to start some file types of video files (wmv for example), whenever I try to start my 2D game (which only requires 256 colors to run), and whenever i try to start my gameboy advance roms, it stops responding before it even starts. When I try to cntrl+alt+delete it, it just freezes up my computer, and even though im still able to move my mouse, I cant click anything. If I try to hit cntrl+alt+delete again, my computer goes to a blue screen error and im forced to reset it. Just as a sidenote, I've tried reinstalling my games, my video players, my video card drivers and even directx. Im currently using directx 9.0c, the highest available version drivers for my card, and windows 98.

Anybody have any idea what's wrong?

Someone2die

Re: serious game and display issues, please help
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 08:07:59 PM »
if i were you, i would back up your improtant game files and roms and reinstall windows.  or (since i havent installed 98 lately)  try booting the cd and see if theres a repair function

do windows update before u do any of this, just to see what happens.