Software > Internet browsers

Login Loop

Pages: (1/3) > >>

scoutmamaof4:

I've got a strange problem that I have not been able to figure out yet.  I work at a business where we have perhaps fifteen computers.  There are two websites we use frequently that have just recently begun to loop during login.  We enter our regular normal login information and are immediately taken back to the login page instead of being directed to the site.  

The odd thing is that one of our computers can access both sites with no problem.  I've tried fiddling with the settings on my computer and a couple of the others, to no avail.  The only thing I can figure is that the one computer that is logging in is not set to do the automatic updates.  Is it possible that a recent update did something to our cookies or something?  

It's most frustrating because to process things on these two sites we have to go to the one person's computer and interrupt her work while we do what needs doing.  

One of the sites directs us back to the login with the addition of "index.cfm" at the end of the regular address.  We use Cold Fusion on our own website, but I can't imagine how that would affect login on another site.

Any ideas?

:-?

Rob Pomeroy:

Clear cache; delete cookies; close rogue browsers; restart.  Ensure those browsers are set to accept cookies.

Does that help?

If not, have you tried Firefox?

scoutmamaof4:

That was the first thing I tried.  I have thought about using Firefox, but all our computers here are set for Explorer.  I'll try FF and let you know if that works.  

If it works with that and I'm the only one using it, I'll be stuck processing everything for those websites!   ;)

Rob Pomeroy:

Can you give a link to the website(s)?  I'd like to check what authentication strategy they use.

scoutmamaof4:

The first one is www.b2bbushnell.com
The second one  is https://financial.wellsfargo.com/retailservices/login.jsp

Pages: (1/3) > >>

Go to full version