Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Point and Click Arrow Does Houdini  (Read 2288 times)

TrumpetCall

Point and Click Arrow Does Houdini
« on: November 15, 2006, 11:09:36 PM »
My point and click arrow icon works fine and visible while off line.  However, whenever I sign on and am on line, the point and click disappears.  I have to hold right or left click to make it appear.  Again, it's fine while off line.  Thanks for any help.

GX1_Man

Re: Point and Click Arrow Does Houdini
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 03:54:45 AM »
Much more info needed. See below.

TrumpetCall

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »
Okay, more information.  I have a desktop Compaq Presario.  I use Windows 98.  My mouse is also a Compaq.  I use AOL.  The mouse/point and click arrrow was working fine.  Yesterday, I logged off for a couple of hours, logged back on, and now whenever I get to the sign in window for AOL and while on line, the point and click arrow will not stay visible as I move it across any on line area on the monitior/screen/window.  I have to move the mouse to the the bottom gray bar area that has the various Outlook Express, AOL, Show Desktop, Volumn, Time, Start, etc.  icons (it reappears there), then hold down the right or left click side of the mouse while I drag it to the area I want click on while on line.  I have to do this after every on liine point and click.  The mouse/point and click arrow is always and completely visible and works fine while off line, however.  It's just while signing on and on line that it does a Houdini.  Please computer techs, help me.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 12:05:23 PM by TrumpetCall »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 07:31:49 AM »
Try re-installing the mouse drivers.

Failing that i would buy a new mouse.  I highly recommend Logitech.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "