Hardware > Hardware

cd-rom does not work

(1/3) > >>

oneten43:
getting registry code 19 error message window xp pro how do I fix it. I tried 3 well known registrt cleaners..Thanks iin advance for help

mundesley:
Some information on how to fix this here http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread980.html

uesquebeathus:
quite a common problem if you have removed or changed you cd/dvd recording/burning software, it can screw up the registry try microsoft here:-http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060,

or this

this software patch from here can solve the problem sometimes, it was aimed at windows XP, but the problem is still there in Vista unfortunately
go to this web page

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

and Download

XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip

and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate to where you saved it and double click the file to extract the contents. Locate the EXE file you extracted and double click it.  A confirmation dialog will appear when the script is done.  You may need to reboot for the change to take effect.

This utility is only intended for Windows XP. You may need Administrator level access to use this utility.  If you do not have Administrator level access, the program will say it is finished, but will not have made any changes.

this is another way you have to open regedit and change this key
click start,  then enter   regedit

first back up the entire registry.

then look for this key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11­CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

I am sorry but if the key is not there you will have to create it, then you will see the drive again,

Apparently it seems that this is an age old fix for even XP systems. If you venture to the registry key above by doing the following steps:

Click on the start menu.

If this is a Vista machine in the search box type in “regedit” without the quotation marks.

Maximize the HKLM and then go ahead and browse until you reach the key listed above.

In the right panel you’ll see something along the lines of “UpperFilter” and “LowerFilter” you want to click on each “filter” key and hit delete. Click yes when it asks to confirm if you wish to delete the key.

Restart Windows.

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer

XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip

Usage: Download XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate to where you saved it and double click the file to extract the contents. Locate the EXE file you extracted and double click it.  A confirmation dialog will appear when the script is done.  You may need to reboot for the change to take effect.

This utility is only intended for Windows® XP. You may need Administrator level access to use this utility.  If you do not have Administrator level access, the program will say it is finished, but will not have made any changes.

Based on CDGONE.REG

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11­CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Apparently it seems that this is an age old fix for even XP systems. If you venture to the registry key above by doing the following steps:

1. Click on the start menu.
   2. If this is a Vista machine in the search box type in “regedit” without the quotation marks.
   3. Maximize the HKLM and then go ahead and browse until you reach the key listed above.
   4. In the right panel you’ll see something along the lines of “UpperFilter” and “LowerFilter” you want to click on each “filter” key and hit delete. Click yes when it asks to confirm if you wish to delete the key.
   5. Restart Windows.
   6. Let me know if this works.   

oneten43:
MANY THANKS TO ALL, ILL TRY IT TONIGHT

oneten43:
Hi Guys, I tried all your idea but it still won t read the drive, lets me tell u what happens and maybe you will see the problem.
Awhile back i loaded a cheap web cam, program, 1/2 way through it died, after some investigation i fiund that A) it was a mac profram not a pc that when i got the code 19,SO, beibg the genius that I am I thought that by loading a new dvd/cd/burer and all, that i would fool it  WRONG si back at square one....HELP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version