Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Intel 82810 Graphics Driver  (Read 4958 times)

jowolf359

Topic Starter

Rookie

Intel 82810 Graphics Driver
    « on: August 15, 2010, 05:39:22 PM »
    I have a question, I have the Intel 82810 Graphics Controller on my HP Pavilion 512n. I am getting lines that run up and down through the monitor every now and then. It is an intermittent problem, but when I install the proper driver/controller, it asks if i want to install an old version over a new version.

The graphics is integrated into the motherboard. Do I need to add a graphics card to solve this problem, or what? I cannot afford to buy or build a new system right now, no job to pay for it. I also do not like 64bit OS's that seems to be the only ones I can find already installed. I have tried to install some old graphics cards with no success. I have never seen anything like this before. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Intel 82810 Graphics Driver
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 06:15:22 PM »
    ...The graphics is integrated into the motherboard. Do I need to add a graphics card to solve this problem, or what? I cannot afford to buy or build a new system right now, no job to pay for it. I also do not like 64bit OS's that seems to be the only ones I can find already installed. I have tried to install some old graphics cards with no success. I have never seen anything like this before. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Doesn't sound like a driver issue.  If the monitor is a CRT, that could be the problem.  You might be able to find a CRT monitor for free.  In your situation, I would spend no money & learn to live with what I have.

jowolf359

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 08:53:07 PM »
      I have tried other CRT monitors, and they do the same thing. Like I said, I have never seen anything like this before. I don't want to short myself on a bill and buy a LED monitor if a PCI card will work.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 10:47:55 PM »
      First of all, see, if same thing happens in safe mode.
      If it does, then, most likely, you have video chip problem.
      If it doesn't, then, most likely, you have a driver problem.

It may be overheating as well.

What brand and model of the computer is it?

jowolf359

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 09:37:08 AM »
        HP Pavilion 512n is the make and model. I will have to try that about Safe Mode and see. I know it does it with other monitors I have here.

I am thinking that I may need to buy a reconditioned motherboard of the same brand and chipset if it is the video chip.

Today I noticed that in Device Manager there are three drivers listed, I set it to the one from Microsoft and so far the problem has not shown up.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 09:42:25 AM »
        I wouldn't recommend reconditioned for a MBoard...price out a new replacement instead.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "