Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sims 1 installation help  (Read 23419 times)

thepetuniabowl

Sims 1 installation help
« on: January 07, 2008, 05:51:51 AM »
I am getting incredibly frustrated!!!

I keep trying to install my Sims onto my new laptop - I manage to get all the way through all the updates I have (Sims Deluxe, House Party, Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed and Makin Magic) and then if I play immediately it works ok, but if I exit and try to play again or if I don't play immediately, it keeps coming up with a message: It has come to our attention that you have installed another Sims expansion pack after The Sims Makin Magic((NOT TRUE)). For this to work properly, The Sims Makin Magic installer will now update your installation. Select OK to proceed. (only option is to press OK) Then the installshield wizard runs, and asks if I'd like to uninstall The Sims Makin Magic, which then actually uninstalls everything, and I'm back to square one. I have reinstalled and restarted more times than I'd care to admit, and would REALLy appreciate it if anyone had some advice, something I could try, or if they could even point out something incredibly obviously wrong that I am doing.......

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Sims 1 installation help
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 05:54:56 AM »
There have been all sorts of problems with that Sims Deluxe edition.

Anyway, have you tried downloading the Sims Deluxe patch? After installing all of the games and running the game once, apply the patch and see if that helps.

thepetuniabowl

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 06:04:28 AM »
I just tried the patch, but the same stuff is happening. Anything else you can recommend?? I really enjoy playing the sims, and I'm just about ready to throw my laptop out the window...

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 06:17:11 AM »
What order are you installing the expansions in? I know some people had problems because of this as well, and I remember reading that someone said you had to install them in a certain order to prevent problems. I don't remember where that was. I'll see if I can find it again.

thepetuniabowl

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 06:44:30 AM »
I've had that problem before too, which is why I've been installing them in what I THINK is the right order: Sims Deluxe, House Party, Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed then Makin Magic.... I know i'm missing a couple of them, but its weird that its playing initially, then it stops....

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 07:24:37 AM »
Ahh, I remember. You had to install them in the same order they were released in (something about each one patching the one before it).

If it's any help, here's the release order:
The Sims (core game)
Livin' Large
House Party
Hot Date
Vacation
Unleashed
Superstar
Makin' Magic

thepetuniabowl

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 06:55:19 PM »
Thanks for that, I think I'll try running it without Makin Magic, and see how that works :)

macaroney8me

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »
I had the same problem ... and figured out the answer.  If you right click on the programs file (Sims.exe) and then click "properties" then go to the "compatability" tab and towards the bottom under privelidge level, check the box that sasy "Run as Administrator"  then retry running the program.

jamerdean

im am experiencing that to can you help me?
    « Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 02:13:08 AM »
    can you help me solve my problem after i install the sims collection when i am trying to start the game there's a warning coming out and it says
    It has come to our attention that you have installed another Sims expansion pack after The Sims Vacation. For this to work properly, the Sims Vacation installer will now update your installation. Select OK to proceed.

pls help me

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    « Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 02:23:10 AM »

WeedMan

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 01:11:05 PM »
      Wait....So you need Superstar, before you can install Makin Magic?

Ryuk

Adviser

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »
        This is The Sims 2, the Sims 1 where cd based not dvd.  Use revo uninstaller an try reinstalling there is a certain order that most of those have to go in but, once you install the actual game.  It should not matter then after but, I do know that you have to use the last expansion as the play disk. 

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »
        This thread is 4 years old. And it's been revived twice in the month of January!

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 06:32:35 PM »
        Necromancing at it's finest...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Ryuk

Adviser