Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error message during reintalled win2k  (Read 5641 times)

nuglorious

Error message during reintalled win2k
« on: January 23, 2005, 05:47:14 PM »
hello
Im facing the problem with my pc which im not sure why it happened. starting fron when I did my printing the files that i had saved into the folder seems unable to read. So I reboot my pc. Once I restarted my pc, the message read "Missing Operation system" I was confused and shocked why it suddenly happend just like that. So i went into the internet to search for help but i only found 1 or 2 answered like boot with win98 and type fdisk/mbr and another answered was reinstall. So i did tried both ways and looks like its not succesful. So at the end i decided to reinstall win2k. What happened was i deleted g: and alas..... :-[ something worse scenerio .....i reboot pc again and when i tried to reinstall again the error message appears as below:-
file \i386\c_437.nls could not be loaded. The error code is 2. Setup cannot continue.Press any key to exit.

I tried few times and the same error again. What should I do?I regreted I delete the g: now I cant even reinstall as well as using the bootdisk.  :'( :'( :-[ Pls help..

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Error message during reintalled win2k
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 06:14:08 PM »
It sounds like you picked-up a virus somewhere.... Did you have antivirus protection? Also, have you used this Windows 2000 CD before?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

nuglorious

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 05:45:48 PM »
yes, I did used win2k before. The first time when i installed its ok and able to use like other normal pc but when after i did my printing, it hang and when i tried to open the folder again, the .jpg files seems missing so i reboot it. and what happened after that error message occur "Missing Operating System". If you said my pc had virus, where this virus come from as i dont have any single online connection with internet. I find it very curious and it surprised me... :-/ :( ??? Until then i have no idea whatelse I can do to solved this problem..... :'(

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 05:53:11 PM »
It sounds to me like the security device that Microsoft has in their CDs is preventing you from installing Windows... You MIGHT have to buy another operating system....  :'(

[glb]Flame[/glb]

nuglorious

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 03:58:44 AM »
thts bad news then.... :-/