Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Uninstalled Program By Mistake - Speakers Not Detected By PC Anymore  (Read 7213 times)

Unomosh

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Hi guys. I was using  'Add or Remove Programs' in my control panel to uninstall a lot of unwanted junk on my PC and I uninstalled some program related to audio devices by mistake. When I click on 'Sounds and Audio Devices' in the control panel it says that there is 'No Audio Device', im assuming its not picking up the speakers because ive uninstalled some necessary software?

I cant for the life of me remember what the software was called and I am not very good with computers...any help on what the program could be and whether or not I could re-aquire it would be much appreciated. I have windows XP professional and if anyone thinks any other information on my PC is relevant I will be happy to provide it. Thank you for your time.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Uninstalled Program By Mistake - Speakers Not Detected By PC Anymore
    « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:38:38 AM »
    Re-install the sound drivers from the Driver CD that came with the machine.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Unomosh

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 10:03:57 AM »
      Unfortunatly my father is the only person who knows where the driver CD is and he is currently away. Would it be possible to aquire the sound drivers some other way?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 10:08:45 AM »
      Sure thing...either from the machine Manuf. website or if it's an add on sound card travel to their site.

fullbug

Apprentice
        « Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 10:26:17 AM »
        Wouldnt using 'system restore' fix the problem in this case Patio?

Unomosh

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 10:39:50 AM »
          Right, i seem to have another problem. I cant contact the PC manufacturer because it was custom made in the middle east...I tried to figure out which sound card I have by going to Accessories and then 'System Information', and for some reason there is no information on the sound device? Could you possibly elaborate on the 'system restore' option?

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »
          Wouldnt using 'system restore' fix the problem in this case Patio?
          It may or may not....System Restore mainly tracks and retains Windows system files...

unomosh to find out what's inside that box DLoad; install and run Everest Home and save a report to a text file.
          Then post the computer summary portion of it here and we'll steer you in the right direction...

Unomosh

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 11:06:47 AM »
            Here you go:

Computer:
                  Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows XP Professional
                  OS Service Pack                                   Service Pack 2
                  DirectX                                           4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
                  Computer Name                                     ********
                  User Name                                         windows

Motherboard:
                  CPU Type                                          Intel Pentium 4, 2800 MHz (21 x 133)
                  Motherboard Name                                  Intel Brownsville 2 D845GEBV2  (6 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video)
                  Motherboard Chipset                               Intel Brookdale-G i845GE
                  System Memory                                     512 MB  (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
                  BIOS Type                                         AMI (10/21/02)
                  Communication Port                                Communications Port (COM1)
                  Communication Port                                Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
                  Video Adapter                                     RADEON 9600 SE SEC Family (Microsoft Corporation)  (128 MB)
                  Video Adapter                                     RADEON 9600 SERIES  (128 MB)
                  3D Accelerator                                    ATI Radeon 9600 SE (RV360)
                  Monitor                                           Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB]  (CNC630QJBF)

Multimedia:
                  Audio Adapter                                     Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-0]

Storage:
                  IDE Controller                                    Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 24CB
                  Floppy Drive                                      Floppy disk drive
                  Disk Drive                                        WDC WD800BB-53CAA1  (74 GB, IDE)
                  Disk Drive                                        WDC WD400BB-00DEA0  (37 GB, IDE)
                  Optical Drive                                     HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4320B  (DVD:16x, CD:32x/10x/40x DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
                  SMART Hard Disks Status                           OK

Partitions:
                  C: (NTFS)                                         38154 MB (12297 MB free)
                  E: (NTFS)                                         76308 MB (74534 MB free)
                  Total Size                                        111.8 GB (84.8 GB free)

Input:
                  Keyboard                                          Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
                  Mouse                                             Microsoft PS/2 Mouse

Network:
                  Network Adapter                                   Accton EN1207D-TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter  (192.168.1.69)
                  Modem                                             Accton ACM120-02

Peripherals:
                  USB1 Controller                                   Intel 82801DB ICH4 - USB Controller [B-0]
                  USB1 Controller                                   Intel 82801DB ICH4 - USB Controller [B-0]
                  USB2 Controller                                   Intel 82801DB ICH4 - Enhanced USB2 Controller [B-0]

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 12:06:37 PM »
            Multimedia:
                  Audio Adapter                                     Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-0]

This is the driver you need from Intel's site...

Unomosh

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 12:42:16 PM »
              The driver worked just fine. Thank you very much for your time and help!

fullbug

Apprentice
                « Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 01:07:08 PM »
                Patio turns out to be usefull here once in awhile.... ;) ;D