Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Virus restarts computer whenever scanned...  (Read 6535 times)

eliteguard47

Virus restarts computer whenever scanned...
« on: March 23, 2008, 05:55:49 PM »
Hi i have a problem with a virus...or at least im pretty sure it is

I have Norton anti virus and  SUPERantispyware, and whenever i go to a full scan for both of these programs, part way through the scan they restart the computer.

Also, i try going into my Control Panel/Internet Options and try to delete The Temporary Internet files, when i click delete, that too restarts my computer.....When i click on Add/remove programs, that too, restarts my computer....

I tried using a program  called Cleanup but that restarts my computer halfway in too...

also when i log into my Aim screenname it also restarts my computer, even though ive uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times.

is there anyway to hit this virus so i can take it off without restarting my computer a hundred times? if theres a manual way to do it, i can do that also, otherwise maybe another program could take it off? but it seems to me whenever its pinged or scanned it resets the computer

thank you :)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Virus restarts computer whenever scanned...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 07:50:14 PM »
Click Here

Also your machine may be shutting down from overheating...have you looked inside it recently to see how many dust bunnies have multiplied ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Duguayster

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 10:30:09 AM »
    Eliteguard, this is the old [uBp] Transporter! We haven't seen each other in about 10 years.... this is about the only place I could find your username... we need to reconnect!!! Please reply to this if you see it! A bunch of us from old uBp are coming back together... We need you man!

Sorry for reviving this old post, its very important, this was an awesome friend of mine back in the day and we've gotten disconnected... please allow this reply to go through, I'm really trying hard to find this guy.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 10:32:01 AM »
    Kewl...hope you get in touch with him...
    If you clik on his Profile you can send him a PM thru here...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "