Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vid card bad...I think  (Read 8627 times)

transporter

Beginner

Re: Vid card bad...I think
    « Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 09:24:01 AM »
    ok we know for a fact it is the video card right...... no it cold aslo be other components going bad such as you mother board or even ram..... testing things is the only way.....

we have done this enough to suspect the video card the only way to find out for sur is to pop another card in there to see if it works..... if you cannot do this pop out that card and put it in another pc.... :)

things you could try instead of this before to purchase another card to see if it really is your card is the just reinsert your video card to make sure your connect to the mother board is good. can also try with ram.

if all that fails you could go a cheap route which if it is the graphics card will end up being more expensive. buy another really cheap crappy card just to see if it fixes the problem. or you could buy a really nice fancier card and hope that it's not a component other then the graphics card giving you problems.
    i run 7 different screens with 7 different towers(SYNERGY)
    1. always test the ram
    2. switch graphics cards
    3. run your virus scans
    4. mix and match parts
    5. just because it was thrown out doesn't mean it's all bad
    somethings broken/They think it's slow(Reinstall windows)

kinetica

Topic Starter

Starter
      « Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »
      If you boot into Safe Mode...do you experience the same issue?

I will try this and get back to you.  Also, I will try taking the card out and re-inserting it (although that didn't help the last time that I tried...no harm in trying again)

Also, I was planning on getting a new, cheap video card as a replacement.  I was just coming here to make sure that it most likely was the video card before making a purchase.  Thank you all very much, I appreciate it.

hejlik

Hopeful

• Have a GREAT day!!
        « Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 08:26:40 PM »
        This is one situation where e-bay may be a good place to shop. Might find an old used agp card cheap.
        Dan

No matter where you go    there you are.

ASUS P5B DELUXE, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, CORSAIR XMS2 4GB DDR2 800, GeForce 7900GS, SeaSonic EPS12V 500W Power Supply, Western Digital Caviar 160GB SATA Hard Drive

fpsmitch

Intermediate

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 09:55:42 PM »
          i like the example homer!