How to take a screen shot
- Open up your Web Browser.
- Or from the desktop. (for desktop screenshots)
- Look on your keyboard and there should be a button (usually in the top right corner) that reads PrtSc or Print Screen, press that button.
- Once the PrtSc button is pressed, Open up Microsoft Paint.
- Click Start
- Click Run
- Type in MSpaint
- Press OK.
- Once Paint is open
- On the Menu bar click Edit > Paste
- On the menu bar click File > Save as...
- Choose the Save as type click the drop arrow, and choose Jpeg
- Choose the save to location as the Desktop.
- The click Save.
How to post the screen shot or image in the forums
In order to post images, you first need to have a place that will host your pictures online. You can sign up for a free account at ImageShack®
and have plenty of free space for your pictures as well as an easy way to keep track of and share them.
Once you have your picture hosted on the web you will need the URL of the image. The URL is given by ImageShack (see below image
) in multiple formats so all you have to do is copy and paste the Hotlink for forums without having to manually add the img tags around the URL. Or you can use the Direct link to image URL and add the img tags manually.
To display the picture inside your post copy the url, which will be available at the upload site of your image, and place it between img
tags using BBCode
The images on this page would look like this before clicking the reply button.
If you're starting a new topic or if you click the reply button in an existing topic you will see a row of icons. By clicking the icon highlighted below you will automatically insert the img tags. Or you can simply type them in yourself and add the URL between them.
If there are any questions please feel free to ask in our forums.