Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can i uninstall Linux from my computer and reinstall windows with no floppy?  (Read 6828 times)

apriljess

Topic Starter

Starter
    I installed Linux on my old computer the other day to see how it works, and i just cant figure it out. I think its a good thing but not for me. I want to delete and have been searching all over the web for info on how to do this and cant find anything that don't involve the floppy drive. My computer doesn't have a floppy it just has a CD ROM drive thats it. I have the Linux disk i installed which is the red hat version and i have a windows disk but don't know where to go from there what would be the easiest way to do this? Any help would be gratefully appreciated thanks.

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    what os of windows??

apriljess

Topic Starter

Starter
      my os in xp.

squall_01

Prodigy

Just put the disk in an follow the on screen words.  There easy solved.  Windows hasnt used floppies for a long time.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
          • Yes
        • Experience: Experienced
        make shure to DELETE the partition here is a guide http://www.theeldergeek.com/clean_installation_of_windows_xp.htm

apriljess

Topic Starter

Starter
          Thanks for all your help. :) It only took a little over an hour and my xp is back and running. ;D

squall_01

Prodigy

Thats the typical time it takes.  See, look mom no floppies.
            Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres