Other > Other

current problems (floppy drive, internet, etc)

(1/1)

Rini Uiop:
Hi,

On the other computer, well, let's just say I didn't really use my common sense. I'll tell what happened. See, I was scanning for viruses and found some so I deleted some things. And one of those things was WIN.COM and few other vital things. Anyways, I fixed that part thanks to this computer because I made a rescue disk with WIN.COM and all the other things I've deleted.

Just two problems that I ended up with. The internet won't work, it's like there's no internet. (I am guessing that I may need an internet card, if it is, please do tell me that) and also. Floppy drives, C drive, D, and E drives won't work. I tried inserting a floppy disk, and tried opening, but it says there is no floppy disk in the drive. similar happened with a cd in the E & D drive which won't think that there is a cd.

Anything that I can fix?  Thanks.

merlin:
are your drives detected in the bios?you have not mention the o/s or the pc make?and to have the internet you need a modem 56kor adsl aand if you are talking about a laptop you need an internet card?more info needed.

Rini Uiop:
are your drives detected in the bios? I don't know how to check that.

you have not mention the o/s or the pc make? It's a dell..

and to have the internet you need a modem 56kor adsl I have cable router, which lets me on this computer for the internet. (thank goodness)

aand if you are talking about a laptop you need an internet card?more info needed.  It's not a laptop ^^;

merlin:
dell bios >® 400  F3  
Dell 400  F1  
Dell Dimension®  F2 or DEL  
Dell Inspiron®  F2  
Dell Latitude  Fn+F1 (while booted)  
Dell Latitude  F2 (on boot)  
Dell Optiplex  DEL  
Dell Optiplex  F2  
Dell Precision™  F2  
Take your pick..and see if the drives are there? if not chose the setup-defaults option save and exit.and o/s means operating system win ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version