Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blue Screen..stop: 0X000000ED  (Read 33751 times)

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

Blue Screen..stop: 0X000000ED
    « on: November 25, 2008, 09:08:56 AM »
    Hello...not sure what happened. I used the computer the night before and every thing was OK...in the morning I got this Blue Screen. It recommend that I restart my computer and go into safe mode to remove newly installed hardware or software...it will not let me into Safe Mode...I still get the blue screen. I have not installed anything new....the only thing I can think of is my MSN...I cancelled the program from starting before it loaded up when I went on the net. If I get this blue screen all the time how can I make any changes?

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Blue Screen..stop: 0X000000ED
      « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 08:25:46 PM »
      Hello again....I am using Windows XP pro. I have been searching the net for a solution. I found this in several different places.
      If you are using high-throughput ATA disks and controllers capable of a data transfer rate higher than 33.3 megabytes per second, replace the standard 40 pin cable with an 80 pin cable.
      Not being to dumb but what does this mean? Does it mean I should change the cable from my hard drive to my motherboard? I did use an older cable from another computer when I rebuilt my computer.

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »
      Start your computer back up and tap F8 to get into the advanced startup options. Here, choose "Disable automatic restarts on system failure" This should keep it from restarting. The blue screen error message should stay on the screen now. Write down that error and post back with it.

Have you made any hardware or software changes latley?
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 10:44:41 PM »
        Thank you....I have not added any new software or hardware, but I did have a problem with my MSN messinger before. I rebuilt and upgraded my computer a year or so ago and have had no problems. It has been upgraded to XP back when I rebuilt the computer.

The error message:
        Stop: 0X000000ED (0X81F5EC08, 0XC0000032, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

What I found on Microsoft.com was to put my Windows Installation CD in and try and repair it using chkdsk/r. Also change the ATA from a standered 40 wire to a 80 wire. Will have to purchase the cable before I try and repair the boot.

This 0X81F5EC08 part of the error seems to have no answer anywhere on the net. Would like to know what it means?

JJ 3000

Egghead
        « Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 01:16:02 AM »
        Do you have your windows CD?
        Save a Life!
        Adopt a homeless pet.

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 10:56:39 PM »
          Yes...I have the Windows CD......I will try and repair now rather then waiting...I find my laptop is to slow my desk top is faster. The problem maybe in the MSN messinger, so I will take it out and then download it again.
          Thanks for your help,
          Deborah

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 08:46:32 AM »
            Help......the fixboot did not work. I still get the blue screen. What does this mean...I have a hardware problem? Could it be my hard drive? If it was my processor or Rams my computer would not come on. Should I take everything out like my CD player and then try to fix...to see if it is one of my hardware’s. What should I try next?

JJ 3000

Egghead
            Save a Life!
            Adopt a homeless pet.

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 10:33:52 AM »
              I went to the web site and did what they said, but I got as far as the License agreement....F8 did not work. Everything else worked but F8. Does this mean its my hard drive. This would mean I have lost everything.. :(
              I read in another message a similar problem....they said to change the power supply...could this be the problem, not getting enough power? What should I do? Get a hard drive and a power supply or should I just get a new computer.

JJ 3000

Egghead
              « Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 10:38:40 AM »
              XP Repair install

Please read carefully and make sure you followed the warning links before initiating the Repair Install. You can print a text version for reference. repair.txt
              Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
              When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below   

This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
                 Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
              Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.  do not choose "To repair a
              Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press  R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press  R". 
              Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
              Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, END setup. After the reboot read  Warning#2!
              Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.  Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Save a Life!
              Adopt a homeless pet.

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 12:26:28 PM »
                Yes...I did all that. It was when I got to the License Agreement when thats where it stoped. It did nothing when I pressed F8 = I agree.  The other opions worked but the F8 = I agree didn't work. It would not go any further then the License Agreement.

Again...would that be my hard drive or the power supply?

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »
                  Hello.....I didn't want to get lost in all the questions being asked.

Does anyone know what I should do?

I get as far as the License Agreement and then does nothing. I can not finish the XP Repair install.

Should I change my Hard drive, power supply or is it my motherboard? If it is my motherboard I will have to get a new computer.

The error message: Blue Screen
                  Stop: 0X000000ED (0X81F5EC08, 0XC0000032, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

fgdn17

Hopeful

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 03:59:47 PM »
                    one thing you could try if you haven't....take the disk to another system and install as
                    a slave...run chkdsk /r on the disk...

brighteyes

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 11:02:20 PM »
                      Yes I have thought about that...but I have no other computer to try it out. I only have my laptop.

Thanks anyways.

JJ 3000

Egghead
                      « Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 01:35:27 AM »
                      Are you using a real windows cd?
                      Are you using a usb or ps2 keyboard?
                      Try running hard drive diagnostics http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287
                      Save a Life!
                      Adopt a homeless pet.