Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: RGSS Player Not Responding on Windows Vista  (Read 29572 times)

crzyevilpandagirl67

Topic Starter

Rookie

RGSS Player Not Responding on Windows Vista
    « on: December 16, 2008, 11:56:33 PM »
    ok,  i've got a number of RPG games on my laptop,and for awhile they worked just fine, but for the last few months everytime i try to run the program (any of them,even as an administrator),it would say "RGSS Player not responding" and shut the entire thing down.  So far,  I've already tried to alter the command script to fix it, but it didn't work.  Someone wanna give me some advice before i pull out the sledgehammer? 

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: RGSS Player Not Responding on Windows Vista
    « Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:07:54 PM »
    Hmmm....What RPG's are these?

crzyevilpandagirl67

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 05:26:12 PM »
      ummm...I'm not exactly sure what you mean but this happens when i try to run games on my computer like aveyond 1&2, and they worked just fine a few months ago

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 09:17:32 AM »
      He means what games are these ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

crzyevilpandagirl67

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 11:32:06 AM »
        these are RPG games that are downloaded on my computer legally such as: Eternal Eden, Aveyond 1&2, and Ahriman's Prophecy.  I don't have a backup of these games on any CD

Lumpy Hippo

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 05:43:11 PM »
          Yeah fixed it on my pc the games are made with rpg maker xp I'm actually trying to do this now on another machine it involves adding or changing 1 file on ur c drive as soon as I find out which file I'll post again on how to do it.

Lumpy Hippo

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 05:53:17 PM »
            Ok here it is ..... In the folder with the game there is a dll file called game.ini double click it or open in notepad. One of the lines should read Library=RGSS102E.dll or Library=RGSS100J.dll which ever one it is switch it to the opposite.

crzyevilpandagirl67

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 06:44:23 PM »
              Finally someone gave me a new idea!!!  Just wish it would work right.  Okay the game screen is now actually showing for a few more seconds than usual when i changed it to RGSS100J.dll but now it says it can't locate the file....ughhh *censored* vista

Lumpy Hippo

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 02:16:40 PM »
                Download it http://mystro-games.tripod.com/downloads/rgss100j.zip there. (For future reference if say this post is 2 years old and this link is dead just google the dll file and you'll find a download for it.)  Yeah for some reason the rpg maker installation forgets to install this file. Technically it doesn't need it but if you are playing a game that was made on a version b4 the official translation (Like Emu or Postality Knights or the Japanese version) it will look for 100J instead of 102E.

BTW where do you get these games from b/c I've seen people make cool scripts and stuff for the program but I've never seen anyone actually create a full complete game w/ it.

crzyevilpandagirl67

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 02:48:17 PM »
                  http://aveyond.com/  all the games were made by these pplz.  thanks sooo much for your help!!!!

crzyevilpandagirl67

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 06:39:38 PM »
                    ok I give up!!!! This is ridiculous!!! I downloaded the file thing and put into the game's file and changed the notepad thing again, and the program's window showed up black for longer than it normally would, but then the whole "RGSS player not responding" thing again!!  My computer revels in my frustration I think.

crzyevilpandagirl67

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »
                      If this helps at all, heres the details from the problem that I got from control panel>Performance and maitenence> problem reports and solution

Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
                      Application Name:   Aveyond.RWG
                      Application Version:   1.0.0.1
                      Application Timestamp:   40d19497
                      Fault Module Name:   StackHash_1703
                      Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
                      Fault Module Timestamp:   00000000
                      Exception Code:   c0000005
                      Exception Offset:   00f7b530
                      OS Version:   6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
                      Locale ID:   1033
                      Additional Information 1:   1703
                      Additional Information 2:   2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
                      Additional Information 3:   1344
                      Additional Information 4:   875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Lumpy Hippo

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 08:22:03 AM »
                        Ok I downloaded the game and it works for me. We have the same exact OS version and game version. I was looking at the files that install with game and I realize that they comes with a the RGSS102E.dll file so change back any game.ini files that you changed to RGSS100J.dll and if you removed the RSS102E.dll put it back in.

Right click the Aveyond 2 Icon (The one with the sword) and goto compatibility tab and under Compatibility Mode Check Run as 'Windows XP SP2'
                        and under privilege level check off run program as administrator.

If this works do this for any other games you have in the mean time I'll try and recreate the problem.

crzyevilpandagirl67

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 03:04:16 PM »
                          ugh, I guess I forgot to mention beforehand that I've already tried changing the compatability of the programs without success...srry dude, I don't mean to shoot down all your genius ideas so far...my computer just chooses to drive me insane

Lumpy Hippo

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »
                            Ok dumb question but I should get this out of the way now did try reinstalling the games?
                            Also are all if the games causing this error?

Also I was looking at the error report and the Fault Module name : StackHash_1703 is the name of he file causing the error.
                            I checked and I dont have this file on my computer I have the creator used to make the game and aveyond 2 and neither of them have the it would have to be one of the games unless it was a shared file which was accidentally deleted. The only other solutions I can think of would be cleaning your registry wit something like Ccleaner (free download)

But search your computer especially program files for StackHash_1703 so I know where the problem is coming from.

crzyevilpandagirl67

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 05:48:22 PM »
                              reinstalling aveyond 1&2 and the eternal eden demo was one of the first things I did, and i searched my comp for the stackhash file thing and nothing showed up.  All 3 of these games are having this problem, and I already have Ccleaner which I use weekly.

Lumpy Hippo

Rookie

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 12:19:53 AM »
                                Sorry I didn't realize there was a second page if your still having a problem I'll still try to help.

crzyevilpandagirl67

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 03:09:25 PM »
                                  Actually I finally figured out the problem a few months ago.  It was some stupid thing that I missed before (very embarassing to say), so I'm good thanks.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
                                    • Yes
                                    • Yes
                                    • Yes
                                  • Certifications: List
                                  • Experience: Guru
                                  « Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 09:09:56 PM »
                                  Thanks for letting us know. In case someone else has the same problem in the future, what was the solution?

MJTh

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 08:27:48 AM »
                                    Here's the fix if you havn't already found out. I had the same problem when trying to play the Aveyond games.

The problem was that I had DEP (Data Execution Protection) enabled. For whatever reason, the error message gave me the AppCrash error above instead of the standard message about "DEP has closed the program."

To solve the problem, I added the application to the DEP exclusion list and everything worked again.

To change your DEP list do the following:

1. Open System by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.

2. Click Advanced System Settings. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Under Performance, click Settings.

4. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.

4. now browse to your game that is not working because of  RGSS error msg and closing without solution. For example mine was aveyond.exe

done.. game works again :-) You might have to reboot

maritut

Starter

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 10:38:06 PM »
                                      hi guys, i have the same problem with Aveyond games, im frustrated already, ive tried all the tips you've given on this forum, but still i cannot resolve the problem. the same problem still pops up - rgss player stopped working. any more ideas? im using Vista. before these games works just fime, but when ive tried it lately on my laptop, this is the problem that ive encountered. please help..

MJTh

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 03:00:38 AM »
                                        Hi Maritut,

The DEP thing never ever resolved my problem in the end. It stopped working again. What I did which eventually did allow me to play aveyond was I installed RPG MAKER VX RTP.
                                        http://tkool.jp/products/rpgvx/eng/download.html
                                        Then Aveyond began working again and I have had no problems since.

BUT I must warn you that Amaranth (makers of Aveyond) says:
                                        The VX RTP is based on RGSS2 (the successor to RGSS), while the Aveyond series of games is based on the RXMP RTP, which uses RGSS. The VX RTP may not be 100% backwards compatible with the original RGSS system and could create a whole new set of problems/bugs if it is used with games based on the RXMP RTP.

Unless/until this can be tested thoroughly I would suggest avoiding the use of the VX RTP to solve this problem unless you have tried all the other standard solutions and have been unsuccessful, accept the possibility of producing new/undocumented behaviors/bugs to which there may be no known solutions, and understand that no one here may be able to help you further since this is an unsupported combination of software.
                                        [/i]

That being said i still recomend giving it a try as nothing else worked for me and I spent a month trying to solve this issue with no avail.

Good luck!

maritut

Starter

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2009, 04:01:21 AM »
                                          hi, thank u for the tip, however, i already installed this software RPG Maker VX from that site u gave , but still i encoutered the same problem: rgss player not working.

pls clarify, do i have to simply install it or do i need to do something further?

maritut

Starter

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 07:29:57 AM »
                                            hey thanks! i got my game working when i enabled the DEP!!!yey! and i installed the RPG Maker, hope it will resolve the problem and allow me to play the game till end! thanks sssoooooo much! :D

crzyevilpandagirl67

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2010, 08:55:13 PM »
                                              Geez, I haven't been on here in ages, but it's good to see that this topic helped someone else out!!