Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Prism3d.exe  (Read 10900 times)

Gliff

Topic Starter

Beginner

Prism3d.exe
    « on: January 11, 2009, 04:02:11 PM »
    I recently downloaded '18 Wheels of Steel: Across America' - and upon first loading it up, the game worked absolutely fine. This was a trial version, just to note! I had to close the game down for a while, but when coming back to it, an error message arose saying that prism3d.exe wasn't working - and the solution provided was simply a patch made by the production company which was of little relevance.

Anyway, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled, and it worked fine the first time. Again, however, the prism3d.exe problem error came up again when trying to load it the second time. Forgetting this completely, I went ahead and brought the game! The purchase simply allowed the trial version to be played fully - but then the same problem persisted.

Knowing it worked fine first time around, I don't think it has anything to do with my graphics card, and i've updated my graphic card driver just in case to no avail. Apparently this prism3d.exe is something created by SCS which enables the game to work, but I haven't had any luck finding out how to make it work.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Prism3d.exe
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 12:55:49 AM »
    What is the Exact error message?

What Operating System is this?

Gliff

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 04:23:46 AM »
      OS is Windows Vista.

The problem itself is literally just an error message coming up saying "prism3d.exe is not working". I tried downloading this program again, but upon trying to open it, it suggested a dll file called gfxshared.dll held an error?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 02:33:29 AM »
      I have one pressing question......this isn't a torrented game, is it?

Gliff

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 07:19:58 AM »
        Not that I'm aware of! Just checked my e-mail account, I downloaded it as a trial version but then upgraded to the full version through Trymedia. I sent them an e-mail asking about it, they just sent me back an automated e-mail with aload of rubbish about internet explorer related stuff.

What confuses me most is that upon first installing it, it works absolutely fine, so I can't deduce it to be a graphics problem, it just doesn't want to work the second time you load it up. I can get around it, just keep uninstalling and reinstalling, and thankfully my saved files are seperate so they're always available, but that's not really the principle.