Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer will not let me delete any files?  (Read 2443 times)

xlefreakcestchic

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

My computer will not let me delete any files?
    « on: January 13, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »
    Anytime I try to send files to the recycling bin, an error message pops up that says this:

An unexpected error is preventing the operation. Make a note of this error code, which might be useful if you get additional help to resolve this problem:

Error 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

I tried deleting the files in Safemode, but the same error message popped up. All files on the computer, at least the ones that I have tried, will not delete. Pictures, Videos, Word Documents, Programs and Files, etc. Only one program deleted. The others will not.  I need this problem resolved because my hard drive is almost full. The only way I can delete files is if I go to youtube, click upload video, click browse, go to my videos, and right click and delete. It's very strange. But doing it on youtube is tedious, and I can only delete each individual file on at a time.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

Track

Apprentice

Re: My computer will not let me delete any files?
      « Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 01:00:08 AM »
      Woah. Sounds like you need to re-install Windows. Which means you'll have to delete your hard-drive completely, unless you made a special partition.

And btw, why is this in the Hardware section?
      That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!