Software > Computer viruses and spyware

Tough Hijacker - can't run Spybot, SAS, or MBAM, and HJT log looks clean

(1/1)

Rusty the Scoob:
I've got a tough one for you.   It's a hijacker of some sort, it blocks me from accessing sites like AVG, superantispyware.com, spybot, etc.  It also won't let me run Spybot, SAS, MBAM, etc... when I try to run them the computer just processes for a few minutes, and nothing happens, even when I try in Safe Mode. 

Other than that, I've run everything as close as possible to the instructions in the sticky post at the top of this forum.  I can run AVG and have updated it manually by downloading the defs on my uninfected laptop, and did the same for Adaware, but both scans came out clean.

My HJT log is attached.  The "DBRas" and "Confidence Online" entries are for getting onto my work's network from home. 

I've tried updating HJT to the latest version, and it does not work... it just processes for a minute and does not continue.

I'm running Windows XP Pro, Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236 : Service Pack 3)
It's a homebuilt machine, Pentium 4, 3.2Ghz, 1.00 GB of RAM

I've had no hardware problems, and first noticed this problem about two weeks ago. 

Edit:  AVG reports that I have an adware.secondthought infection.  I'm going to try removing it by using the instructions at www.safer-networking.com/removeadwaresecondthought.php  I doubt this is my only problem but we'll see.  Edit #2:  no luck.  Still there.

Thanks for your help!

[attachment deleted by admin]

PZ 1:
I have been having the same problem. I went to the Spybot site and cannot navigate anywhere there. Wanted to E-mail Spybot about the problem, but when I try to click to go to the contact E-mail, get a failed connection notification.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version