Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange white loading bars when booting xp pro  (Read 8017 times)

lostinsanity

Topic Starter

Rookie

Strange white loading bars when booting xp pro
    « on: February 20, 2009, 05:23:15 AM »
    About a week ago I was playing bully scholarship edition on my PC, when I paused it to make something to eat, but there was a power cut and obviously my computer was caught in it.

Ever since then, whenever I restart or turn on my computer, before the windows xp logo comes up, I need to sit through 5 minutes of a strange white loading bar.

Obviously i can't take a screenshot, but it is about a quarter of the way up the screen and it starts off as just bars with gaps between them, and slowly turns into a solid white bar before the windows xp logo comes up and loads windows.

Does anyone know what this is? It is becoming a real pain having to wait an extra 5 minutes or so for my computer to start up, and any help to get rid of this screen would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou for any help in advance.

lushleamlad

Greenhorn

Re: Strange white loading bars when booting xp pro
      « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 06:43:15 AM »
      Have you tried System Restore?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 09:16:25 AM »
      Windows 2000 ? ?

This is normal if so.
      But not for 5 minutes.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

lostinsanity

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 09:50:00 PM »
        no, it is xp pro...

I will try system restore, and let you know, I would sure like to know what is making the bars though.

lostinsanity

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 06:24:15 AM »
          Well, I have tried restoring to a few different points, and none of it worked.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated, I have got to a point where I just don't want to restart or turn off my PC because i know I will have to wait 10 minutes before I can even do anything.

Could it have something to do with AVG internet security?

Glitch

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 06:30:42 AM »
          Could be a piece of hardware was damaged during the outage...video card, maybe?

Might I recommend a UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply)?  During a power outage, a UPS will allow you to safely save anything you're working on...and shut down your computer, in case anything like this happens in the future.

lostinsanity

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 06:40:07 AM »
            Well my video card has been running a little louder than usual, but it still works fine. If that is the case, is there any way to stop the white loading bars other than buying a new card? (I only bought that one 3 weeks ago, but it was used, so only a 14 day warranty)

I didn't even consider that to be honest, I just thought the card was loud, but thinking about it now, it does seem to be louder than it was for the week or so after I bought it before the power cut.

I will definitely look into a UPS, thanks for your help. If you know any way to get rid of those white bars though, I would be grateful

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 06:44:37 AM »
            To determine if it is the card switch back to onboard video and/or borrow a card and swap it in there...

lostinsanity

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 07:17:37 PM »
              I tried removing the video card and it still didn't fix it.

Do you think maybe I have a virus or malware or something?

The problem I have is that it takes 10 minutes for my PC to reboot, so doing loads of malware tests etc could potentially take hours.

I guess I will just have to put up with it, thanks for all your help.

Broni

Mastermind
              • Kraków my love :)
                • Computer Help Forum
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Experienced
              « Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 07:24:47 PM »
              Download HijackThis:
              http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis/download
              by clicking on Download HijackThis Installer
              Install, and run it.
              Post HijackTHis log.

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              « Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 07:27:48 PM »
              More details on your results...
              Are you saying the display acted the same way on the onboard video or you just removed the card and replaced it ? ?
              There are no virii that i know of that will mess with a video display...
              Have you tried another vid card ? ?
              Another monitor ? ?

Checked for dust bunnies inside when you removed the carf ? ?

lostinsanity

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 08:08:32 PM »
                More details on your results...
                Are you saying the display acted the same way on the onboard video or you just removed the card and replaced it ? ?
                There are no virii that i know of that will mess with a video display...
                Have you tried another vid card ? ?
                Another monitor ? ?

Checked for dust bunnies inside when you removed the carf ? ?

It's not the display that is the problem mate, basically every time I reboot my PC, before windows starts to load up there is a strange black loading screen with a white loading bar that slowly fills up.

It starts off like as a black screen with white bars like this

|||||||||||||||||||||||

all the way across the screen, and slowly but surely the bars join up and then windows loads up.

Thanks for all the help from you guys.

Edit, I just made a lame little picture with paint to show you what it looks like, I know it sucks, but it should give you a better idea, basically the bars slowly fill up like a standing loading bar, but it takes at least 5 minutes to do it, after it is filled, the windows xp logo screen comes up and windows starts to load.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:23:12 PM by lostinsanity »

lostinsanity

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 08:11:37 PM »
                  Hijack this log (none of it makes much sense to me, but hopefully it tells you something)

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
                  Scan saved at 3:09:49 AM, on 2/26/2009
                  Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
                  MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
                  Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
                  C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
                  C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
                  C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgfws8.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
                  C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgam.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
                  C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
                  C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
                  C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
                  C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories\XboxStat.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
                  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
                  C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe
                  C:\Documents and Settings\Joel\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Megaupload\Mega Manager\MegaManager.exe
                  C:\Program Files\bobyte\AviScreen Pro\AviScreenPro.exe
                  C:\Program Files\bobyte\AviScreen Pro\AviScreenPro.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
                  C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://search.orbitdownloader.com
                  O2 - BHO: btorbit.com - {000123B4-9B42-4900-B3F7-F4B073EFC214} - C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitcth.dll
                  O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
                  O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
                  O2 - BHO: RoboForm - {724d43a9-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
                  O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\GRA8E1~1.DLL
                  O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
                  O2 - BHO: Megaupload Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-C39E-35F1D2A32EC8} - C:\PROGRA~1\MEGAUP~2\MEGAUP~1.DLL
                  O2 - BHO: MegaIEMn - {bf00e119-21a3-4fd1-b178-3b8537e75c92} - C:\Program Files\Megaupload\Mega Manager\MegaIEMn.dll
                  O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
                  O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
                  O3 - Toolbar: &RoboForm - {724d43a0-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
                  O3 - Toolbar: Grab Pro - {C55BBCD6-41AD-48AD-9953-3609C48EACC7} - C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\GrabPro.dll
                  O3 - Toolbar: Megaupload Toolbar - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-C39E-35F1D2A32EC8} - C:\PROGRA~1\MEGAUP~2\MEGAUP~1.DLL
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [XboxStat] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories\XboxStat.exe" silentrun
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
                  O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RoboForm] "C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe"
                  O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Pro Agent] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Pro\DTProAgent.exe"
                  O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
                  O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
                  O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
                  O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
                  O4 - Global Startup: Orbit.lnk = C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitdm.exe
                  O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/201
                  O8 - Extra context menu item: &Grab video by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/204
                  O8 - Extra context menu item: Customize Menu - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu.html
                  O8 - Extra context menu item: Do&wnload selected by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/203
                  O8 - Extra context menu item: Down&load all by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/202
                  O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
                  O8 - Extra context menu item: Fill Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
                  O8 - Extra context menu item: RoboForm Toolbar - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
                  O8 - Extra context menu item: Save Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
                  O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
                  O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
                  O9 - Extra button: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
                  O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
                  O9 - Extra button: Save - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
                  O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Save Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
                  O9 - Extra button: RoboForm - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
                  O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: RoboForm Toolbar - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
                  O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
                  O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
                  O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
                  O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                  O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                  O16 - DPF: {3EA4FA88-E0BE-419A-A732-9B79B87A6ED0} (CTVUAxCtrl Object) - http://dl.tvunetworks.com/TVUAx.cab
                  O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office12\GR99D3~1.DLL
                  O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
                  O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
                  O23 - Service: AVG8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
                  O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
                  O23 - Service: AVG8 Firewall (avgfws8) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgfws8.exe
                  O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
                  O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
                  O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
                  O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
                  O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe

--
                  End of file - 8814 bytes

Broni

Mastermind
                  • Kraków my love :)
                    • Computer Help Forum
                  • Computer: Specs
                  • Experience: Experienced
                  « Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 08:27:33 PM »
                  I didn't expect any malware, but I just wanted to see, if there is anything, what would slow down your startup. I can't see anything in particular, but....
                  How is the startup in Safe Mode?

xcharge50

Beginner

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 08:52:30 PM »
                    I wonder what his pc specs, maybe he install sp3  ;D
                    or maybe the pc was installing a update....an the power cut off...