Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor slow to come on  (Read 6213 times)

the_parts_man2000

Monitor slow to come on
« on: April 28, 2005, 02:13:37 AM »
Recently my monitor started coming on slow when i frst turn on my computer or after I totally shut it down the restart. It is a Dell Dimension 4400 with a Pentium4 and a Dell flat screen

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Monitor slow to come on
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 12:52:19 PM »
Have you scanned for viruses and Spyware?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

the_parts_man2000

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 02:53:55 PM »
Yes, I run a scan once a week and no viruses also I have run adaware. I was wondering if maybe settings have changed somehow.

the_parts_man2000

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 10:35:10 AM »
My monitor problem all started after my screen totally froze one night and I had to shut the computer down. Then when I turned it back on, all I had was a black screen. On the third attempt, I waited a little longer and finally the monitor came on. It has done this every time since then. It takes between 5 and ten minutes to come on. Could I have done something to the settings? If so, how do I get to bios on a Dell Dimension 4400 and then what do I do once there?

Kablam

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 10:54:32 AM »
first i'd check if its the monitor and not the p.c or vice versa, have you tried other monitors?

the_parts_man2000

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 10:12:56 PM »
No I haven't tried another monitor but maybe a good idea huh. ty

Computer_Commando

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »
...how do I get to bios on a Dell Dimension 4400 and then what do I do once there?

System Setup Program
Dell™ Dimension™ 4400

the_parts_man2000

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 11:36:04 AM »
Thank you for the site and it did help my monitor a little but now I've noticed that after a power outage while the computer is on, when it restarts, the monitor fails to come on and I have to shut the computer off then wait a minute or so. After I turn the computer back on, it takes between 5 and 7 minutes for the monitor to come back on. I know for sure that the monitor itself isn't the problem. Any ideas from anyone?