Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What to do while waiting for a reply to question  (Read 750490 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
What to do while waiting for a reply to question
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:42:46 AM »
The Computer Hope forums are filled with a lot of different things that can be done while waiting for a reply your question or other post. Below are a few examples.

Tip: You can always check the "Notify me of replies" box when creating a new post to have an e-mail sent to you when a new reply occurs and/or click the Notify button () on any post or board to get notified when new posts occur.

• After creating your first post you'll have the rights to modify your profile. Feel free to update it now.
  • Read other users posts, often this is a good way to learn about other problems and you may be able to help other users from your own past experiences.
  • Come introduce yourself to the Computer Hope community in the welcome post.
  • Go through the Reviews and recommendation section, a fantastic collection of free web services, free software program reviews, and other hardware and software that you're likely to find useful.
  • Visit the Computer News section to find posts about the latest happenings in the computer industry.
  • Check out the Computer Hope groups, where members get together and share common interests, help compete in competitions, and participate in other Computer Hope activities.
  • Come talk about anything (within forum rules) in the off topic section.
  • Visit the Forum FAQ, a fantastic collection of commonly asked questions and other helpful information on everything relating to computers.
  • Come participate in this months poll in the other section.
  • Visit the Computer Hope chat and talk with other Computer Hope members and guests.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 05:47:51 AM by Computer Hope Admin »
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: What to do while waiting for a reply to question
    « Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 11:47:17 AM »
    That is good advice for new user, I like to add that if you probably become a regular here that is the best thing to do.  If not some of those steps still relate.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

kabo0m

Greenhorn
      • Insomniacs Anonymous Gaming Community
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 10:46:29 PM »
    I am impressed with your set up and how helpful this forum is. I had never seen an SMF forum that has the help bar at the top and so many helpful sections and I run my own SMF forums as well as help run another SMF forums.

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
    • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    « Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 07:29:34 PM »
    I am impressed with your set up and how helpful this forum is. I had never seen an SMF forum that has the help bar at the top and so many helpful sections and I run my own SMF forums as well as help run another SMF forums.
    Well that's good to hear and thanks. My intentions are always to make things as easy as possible since usually people with computer issues are frustrated enough as it is when they're having computer problems. Still not as easy as I'd like it to be but it's getting there.

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

vodno

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 05:08:46 AM »
      Thank you.

Kick Start

Greenhorn

Ridiculous
        « Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 10:53:17 PM »
        Very bad UI here. Can't find New Topic button. Can't find avatar button. Wastes a lot of time. A good webmaster knows when that happens people hit the back button and don't come back.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »
        That is good advice for new user, I like to add that if you probably become a regular here that is the best thing to do.  If not some of those steps still relate.

He may have had you in mind, squall_01.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 10:58:35 PM »
        the "new topic" button isn't available in the "windows" forum (in an attempt to encourage users to post in the appropriate subforum for their specific OS), but in those forums where it is available it is in a conspicious location that won't differ much from other forums.

There is no Avatar button, so not being able to find one is not surprising.
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        Re: Ridiculous
        « Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 08:31:26 AM »
        Very bad UI here. Can't find New Topic button. Can't find avatar button. Wastes a lot of time. A good webmaster knows when that happens people hit the back button and don't come back.

Of all the Help Forums i volunteer on i'd say just the exact opposite...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

NumbCougar

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 04:38:12 PM »
          This site is great

doctor hack

Greenhorn
            « Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 04:03:06 AM »
            The Computer Hope forums are filled with a lot of different things that can be done while waiting for a reply your question or other post. Below are a few examples.

Tip: You can always check the "Notify me of replies" box when creating a new post to have an e-mail sent to you when a new reply occurs and/or click the Notify button () on any post or board to get notified when new posts occur.

• Read other users posts, often this is a good way to learn about other problems and you may be able to help other users from your own past experiences.
            • Come introduce yourself to the Computer Hope community in the welcome post.
            • Go through the Reviews and recommendation section, a fantastic collection of free web services, free software program reviews, and other hardware and software that you're likely to find useful.
            • Visit the Computer News section to find posts about the latest happenings in the computer industry.
            • Check out the Computer Hope groups, where members get together and share common interests, help compete in competitions, and participate in other Computer Hope activities.
            • Come talk about anything (within forum rules) in the off topic section.
            • Visit the Forum FAQ, a fantastic collection of commonly asked questions and other helpful information on everything relating to computers.
            • Come participate in this months poll in the other section.
            • Visit the Computer Hope chat and talk with other Computer Hope members and guests.

Thanks

todouble22

Rookie

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 09:53:46 AM »
              from what i see this site is great.  I have used the help many times in the past and the forum is an additional bonus to seek advice from others.
              -todd

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
                • Yes
                • Yes
              • Experience: Familiar
              « Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 06:14:46 PM »
              from what i see this site is great.  I have used the help many times in the past and the forum is an additional bonus to seek advice from others.
              I used to need help a lot, and now I even help out others. I always am glad to hear that members are getting good responses from other members and they find the forum easy to use.
              Where's MagicSpeed?
              Quote from: 'matt'
              He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

Quantos

Guru
              • Veni, Vidi, Vici
                • Yes
                • Yes
              « Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 06:17:32 PM »
              I'm still beyond help.  I do manage to amuse myself though...
              Evil is an exact science.

xpuser

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 01:22:25 PM »
                have been offline for a long time good to be back