Microsoft > Windows XP

I THINK I AM BEING ATTACKED BY VIRUS --- HELP ASAP PLEASE

(1/1)

MomNEEDShelp:
I recently (with your help) cleared out all the programs/icons running when I start up. (The ones near the clock)  Now, I see some are back.

MS Spyware 2009  and it says : INFILTRATION ALERT  Your computer is being attacked by an internet virus. DETAILS: Attack from 18.43.138.162, port 57887  ATTACKED PORT: 43393  THREAT: Helper 

There is also a red circle with a white X inside. A message keeps popping up stating:

The mulit-colored shield says : SPYWARE ALERT

A red shield with a white X inside: WARNING! You have a security problem.

Looks like it wantes me to PAY $ for MS Antispyware 2009 to get rid of all my issues. What the heck is going on??? Help fast please.

Also, the Cyberdefender icon is now by my clock. ?????????

When I try to access the internet, I get a message: INSECURE INTERNET ACTIVITY (with the red shield w. X inside)  that asks if I want to continue unprotected? When I choose the YES link, I can access it. I am also getting booted off the internet within a very short period of time. HELP!!!!  I am not PC savy so please go easy with terms and phrases. Thanks.

MomNEEDShelp:
See attached file.

Now The MS Antispyware 2009 Alert states the THREAT is: FreshDevises

It keeps changing. A minute ago it was something like netadvertising.net

I dont know what any of these are.

Help!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

brundle:
Download Malwarebytes Antimalware; http://malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Install and allow it fetch updates, reboot in safe mode (hit F8 a few times when booting, before you see the Windows logo, choose Safe Mode from the menu that should appear) -  do a complete scan with Antimalware. Remove all it finds.

brundle:
I can't see any genuine antivirus software running from your screen shot either. If you disabled it when you "cleaned up" your machine, re-enable it. Unless it's the little red icon obscured by the fake software warning.

SuperDave:
Mom, you're in the wrong forum. You should be in Computer Viruses and Spyware. Just follow this link ,complete the steps and post your logs there. An expert will be along to help with your situation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version