Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Network Issue  (Read 2092 times)

torjager

Wireless Network Issue
« on: March 31, 2009, 09:04:58 AM »
I just had Verizon FIOS installed and have a home wireless network.  Previously, I had cable internet with a Linksys router, never had problems, I could print wirelessly from my laptop and was able to share files from the desktop to laptop.  The printer is connected via USB to the main desktop computer.  Both machines run Windows XP.  After the FIOS installation, I can access the internet with the laptop without problem, but I cannot print or access files from the desktop computer.  I am not a beginner to computers and have tried everything I know for finding the printer through the laptop without success.  I use Norton Internet Security, same as I had with the pre verizon network.  Printer sharing is enabled and the main hard drive on the desktop is shared out as well.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 12:02:37 PM by torjager »

pcwizard

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
    Re: Wireless Network Issue
    « Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 04:34:24 AM »
    I take it you are using a different router now.

Symantec can be a funny bugger sometimes, and if your systems have been assigned different IP addresses by the new router then Norton may consider you have new systems connected.

Check the security for Norton - for simplicity I would disconnect from the internet but leave the router up and running. Then try and ping the other system, and then connect to it to see if this works. If it does, check your security settings for Norton.
    A computer is for life....not just gaming!!