Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound- Ports and Problems  (Read 2379 times)

Help-an-Idiot

Sound- Ports and Problems
« on: May 17, 2005, 09:42:53 PM »
Soundcard= Chaintech 7.1 Channel pci product = VIA ENVY 24PT

Problem- for my speakers, i have the ports on my computer on the sound card and on the front of the case. the only one that will work is the one on the case, and that is run through the sound card. i wouldn't mind that only this port works but, the port is dumb and only the left speakers work... i have to dip the plug in water and stick it in order to get surround sound and that only lasts til the water comes out or w/e. also, my sound card has not passed the Windows Logo Testing.... i don't think this is the reason of the failure of my ports though... but then again i'm wrong a lot.

Not the Problem- the 7.1 sound thing that requires 7 speakers is not the problem. also, in the device manager there is no contradicting problems or w/e. pleeease help.

hywaydave

Re: Sound- Ports and Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 10:28:24 PM »
Soundcard= Chaintech 7.1 Channel pci product = VIA ENVY 24PT

i have to dip the plug in water and stick it in order to get surround sound and that only lasts til the water comes out or w/e.

which port are you plugging this in when you do the water dip test?

Help-an-Idiot

Re: Sound- Ports and Problems
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 10:35:01 PM »
the port on the case... i havent gone near the soundcard or mb or nething wit water... i just found it to work in the case port and i it causes me to get sound in all speakers