Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to create a Windows PE boot disc  (Read 644537 times)

killerb255

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How to create a Windows PE boot disc
    « Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 11:35:37 AM »
    I've done 64-bit batch files as well.  Just Edit -> Replace in Notepad anything referencing x86 with AMD64.

You'll also have to modify 4-Drivers.bat as well with the correct paths to the 64-bit drivers you want to inject.
    Quote from: talontromper
    Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

bookie56

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 05:46:06 AM »
      Hi killerb255  ;D

Thanks so much for your reply.....sorry to ask a stupid question...here goes..

I have an Intel processor and installed windows 7 64bit ...I noticed that there was a folder for ia64 ...why do I use the amd one instead of this one?

Sorry, that has been bugging me and I thought it would be nice to get som clarification on that ....might help others as well.

Thanks a bunch!

bookie56

killerb255

Topic Starter

Adviser
        « Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 12:37:28 PM »
        IA-64 = Itanium processor.  Those are used in super-high end servers.

AMD64/x86-64/EM64T/Intel64 = means the same thing for the most part: 64-bit instructions on an x86 processor.  Since AMD came up with it first, AMD64 is the common name used by Microsoft.
        Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 02:58:40 PM »
        You guys are aware the Posts in the FAQ section are for info only and not for responding to ? ?
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

killerb255

Topic Starter

Adviser
          « Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 09:27:40 AM »
          Go ahead and delete any posts that aren't relevant to the FAQ, then.

I amended the relevant posts to accommodate 64-bit PE, so the extra discussion can be deleted...

pulkitgupta23

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 10:21:52 PM »
          i have done all the steps
          but finally i got just an 135mb iso & when it boots it stucks at a dos mode where i can just type commands
          GUI interface is not coming
          what to do??

killerb255

Topic Starter

Adviser
            « Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 12:25:24 PM »
            There is no GUI.  If you get a gray-ish wallpaper with a black command prompt, then you got what you're supposed to get.

Mikely

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 11:27:31 AM »
            Hi, I'm new to this forum~
            I am using a Windows 7. After a forced shutdown few days ago, I found that the computer won't boot. (before the selecting user page, it freezes at a black screen) (You can read Microsoft article kb974719 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974719) to find out more about my problem.)

The solution to my problem is starting the system using PE disk, and I found your post very helpful in creating a PE disk. (I used a XP computer to create the disk.)
            After creating a PE disk following your steps, I tried to boot with the *censored*. However, it did not progress form the dos box, and the prompt said: "X:\windows\system32>wpe init"
            After reading several posts from various forums, my theory is that my problem appeared b/c I created my PE disk on a XP. (also, my XP computer couldn't create a ISO image for 64 bit PE disk. My Windows 7 has 64bit system, so that may have been the problem)

Do you know why it does not progress at the dos box? Can you help me with this?
            Thanks...

(I am a novice and I apologize if I have not been very clear with what I meant)

Salmon Trout

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 12:32:08 PM »
            Mikely, do not hijack another thread. This is an FAQ. Did you see where it said "Do not post questions here"? Anyway, for 64 bit Windows you need 64 bit PE and if you have a valid license you can download a 64 bit Windows Repair CD image from Microsoft. If you wish to discuss this more, start a new thread in the Windows 7 section of the forum.

jmaur004

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 09:00:35 AM »
            As the man said earlier, just replace "x86" with amd64  and voila!

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 04:26:28 PM »
            As the man said earlier, just replace "x86" with amd64  and voila!

Just a quick heads up....the FAQ section is not for general posting....
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "