Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Asks me to choose a program to open file with for EVERYTHING!  (Read 7488 times)

Quincy_Gatlin

Using Windows XP Service Pack 3
It's an E-Machine brand computer, almost a year old.

Well ok. I got all these viruses and got rid of them. Well then all of a sudden the Windows Antivirus bull crap that isn't even real was popping up so I looked up to get rid of it. I deleted the files and then I restarted the comp, when it came back up I would click on any icon, a game, internet, anything and it will ask me which program I want to open it with. I can't open anything! I believe that I deleted the wrong file or something, if someone could please help me out thanks.

I know I could fix it if I could find my recovery disc but somehow I seem to have lost it  :-[ and so I can't do that...

PS: I am on my old comp right now which can't handle my games  >:(.

wannabe1

Rookie
    Re: Asks me to choose a program to open file with for EVERYTHING!
    « Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 02:23:51 PM »
    How did you delete those files? If they are in the recycle bin you are in luck or if you used something like  "easy cleaner" which has an undo button that might work also. Otherwise look real hard for the restore disk.  Beyond that you need someone more knowledgeable than me.  LOL wannabe1

hectorperdomo

Starter

Re: Asks me to choose a program to open file with for EVERYTHING!
      « Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 07:41:54 PM »
      use utiliy fix I had the same problem.

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced