Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AOL 9.0 "Not Responding"  (Read 3547 times)

Jayel

AOL 9.0 "Not Responding"
« on: July 18, 2009, 05:38:34 PM »
AOL locks up and the message "Not Responding" appears at the top of the screen.  It takes somewhere between 20 -30-40- seconds before it clears and you can do whatever you are trying to do.  It happens with e-mails, web sites etc.  I downloaded RegCure and ran it but it didn't do any good.  Same old problem.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: AOL 9.0 "Not Responding"
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 07:54:59 PM »
Any errors when you open AOL?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

Jori19f

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 09:25:57 PM »
I am having the same problem but I have AOL 9.5. The whole not responding thing has even leaked over to my IE and Firefox. Sometimes it never kicks back in and I have to X out of the program. My friend blames it on AOL. He said AOL clogs up the whole computer.

Text

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 10:53:48 PM »
    Your friend is right. AOL is bloat ware. My suggestion for you is to downgrade to AOL 8.0. I used to use the AOL software but I got so tired of the updates were always more bubbly and bloated and ridiculous. So, I ended up downgrading all the way back to AOL 5.0 which was the last version they made that was made totally for functionality instead of aesthetics.

Try 8.5 which is almost the same thing as 9.0. If that doesn't work for you, my recommendation is to uninstall AOL and reinstall. There is no hope in fixing AOL software. It will only get worse. I hate to be negative but it's just true.