Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NVidia Geforce 8300 GS Graphics card Problems  (Read 4813 times)

Fedrex

Topic Starter

NVidia Geforce 8300 GS Graphics card Problems
    « on: August 10, 2009, 10:33:28 PM »
    My Graphics card crashed my system today, After I did a reset I found i could not get to the login screen (It would blue screen).
    I restarted in safe-mode, Deleted the Nvidia driver then downloaded the current driver. This did not fix the blue screen problem. I then attempted to restore My computer to an earlier setting, Which didn't solve the problem. I then reinstalled window vista and that fixed the blue screen problem but now I'm stuck in 800x600. I've tried many nvidia drivers and they all come up with the blue screen. I did try a 3rd party Driver that solved both the blue screen problem and the 800X600 sizing problem but in all settings above 800x600 the screen had vertical yellow lines running across the screen.

Any help? Its fine running webpages on 800x600 but for gaming its pretty fail.

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: NVidia Geforce 8300 GS Graphics card Problems
    « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 12:04:14 AM »
    just for checking...
    If you use your on-board video card, are there any errors, is there a blue screen?

Fedrex

Topic Starter

Re: NVidia Geforce 8300 GS Graphics card Problems
      « Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 05:57:58 AM »
      Amazingly, That fixed it.

Cheers geek hoodlum