Hardware > Hardware

Need suggestion((s) w/ selecting a compatible Shader model 3 graphic's card.

(1/1)

Oddl3all:
Hello,

I'm wanting to buy and install a new graphics card. My current card (ATI Radeon X800XT (265mb I think)) doesn't support the shader model 3 for the new games that are coming out. I'm not really good with comprehending what is and isn't compatible with my PC so here I am. I'm looking for a card that is no more than a $100ish, give or take 10 bucks, but I would like to go with the best cheapest card I can that has shader model 3 and enough memory to run a game like Arma 2/Dirt 2/NFS Shift etc..

I checked out Newegg.com, but I didn't see any info in the specification that states it had SM3 o_0' seems kinda of an important piece of information when buying a card not to make it upfront like the fruity names of the card title. '

Also, when I do get get another card. I going to give my friend my current card and I bought my PC used and do not have the installation CD. Does he have to call and request one, or.......idk. Maybe I could find the install file in my c:/ and burn it to a disk? idk.

Any adivce or suggestions would be great, thx.

Hardware specs: http://www.d-a-l.com/hardware-scanner/app/results.php?id=bd517483aea5c25c8ef1fab119d29d33

Oddl3all:
Its been about 4 days and no replies! ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version