Software > Computer viruses and spyware

Trojan horse Rootkit-Pakes.U infected

<< < (3/6) > >>

SuperDave:
1. Go to Start > Run > type Notepad.exe and click OK to open Notepad.
It must be Notepad, not Wordpad.
2. Copy the text in the below code box by highlighting all the text and pressing Ctrl+C

--- Code: ---KillAll::

FCopy::
h:\windows\ServicePackFiles\i386\atapi.sys | h:\windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys

--- End code ---

3. Go to the Notepad window and click Edit > Paste
4. Then click File > Save
5. Name the file CFScript.txt - Save the file to your Desktop
6. Then drag the CFScript (hold the left mouse button while dragging the file) and drop it (release the left mouse button) into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below. Important: Perform this instruction carefully!

ComboFix will begin to execute, just follow the prompts.
After reboot (in case it asks to reboot), it will produce a log for you.
Post that log (Combofix.txt) in your next reply.

Note: Do not mouseclick ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause your system to freeze

timmyrob:
SD, I completed this step and ran combofix and everything went fine, but it did not produce a log for me after I rebooted.

SuperDave:
Hello timmyrob. I need you to do this:

Delete the Combo-Fix.exe file, C:\Combo-Fix folder, C:\QooBox folder, C:\WINDOWS\nircmd.exe, C:\combo-fix.txt and C:\Combo-Fix-quarantined-files.txt

Download ComboFix by sUBs again from one of the below links.  Be sure to save it to the Desktop.

link # 1
Link # 2

Close any open web browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc) before starting ComboFix.

Temporarily disable your anti-virus, and any anti-spyware real-time protection before performing a scan. Click this link to see a list of security programs that should be disabled and how to disable them.

Vista users Right-click combofix.exe and select Run as Administrator and follow the prompts.
Double-click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
When finished, ComboFix will produce a log for you.
Post the ComboFix log and a new HijackThis log in your next reply.

NOTE: Do not mouseclick ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

Remember to re-enable your anti-virus and anti-spyware protection when ComboFix is complete.

timmyrob:
Ok SD, here it is.  I didn't copy and paste the killall message to a notepad file and put it into combofix, I just double clicked combofix and ran it.  I hope that was correct.

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]

SuperDave:
Hi timmyrob. You did the correct thing. Now I would like you to do this:

1. Go to Start > Run > type Notepad.exe and click OK to open Notepad.
It must be Notepad, not Wordpad.
2. Copy the text in the below code box by highlighting all the text and pressing Ctrl+C

--- Code: ---KillAll::

MIA::
h:\windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys

--- End code ---

3. Go to the Notepad window and click Edit > Paste
4. Then click File > Save
5. Name the file CFScript.txt - Save the file to your Desktop
6. Then drag the CFScript (hold the left mouse button while dragging the file) and drop it (release the left mouse button) into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below. Important: Perform this instruction carefully!

ComboFix will begin to execute, just follow the prompts.
After reboot (in case it asks to reboot), it will produce a log for you.
Post that log (Combofix.txt) in your next reply.

Note: Do not mouseclick ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause your system to freeze

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version