Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to disable Internet Explorer 8 Error Reporting  (Read 6475 times)

tboy34

How to disable Internet Explorer 8 Error Reporting
« on: December 20, 2009, 10:00:29 AM »
I've tried to find this on the internet, yet I'm not having any luck. I need to disable this error reporting as it is reporting misinformation of a site that I go to frequently. It blocks me out of it. I already know that it's not my anti=virus software which is Bitdefender 2010. I have the internet toolbar disabled. Is there a way to disable this error reporting in IE8? Here is the message I get when I go to the webpage.

To disable the URL Error Redirection, go to the option page of your toolbar. (I'm not sure how to find this)

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: How to disable Internet Explorer 8 Error Reporting
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 10:12:54 AM »
Keep in mind the most IMPORTANT step in the following is creating a backup of the Registry...

That being said:

To disable sending crash reports of Internet Explorer, you must do the following:

1. Click Start, Run
   2. In the Open box type the command regedit and click OK to launch the publisher of the registry
   3. Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Main
   4. For this key, locate the entry DWORD named IEWatsonDisabled. If it does not you can create as follows:
          * menu Edition Pull down the Edit menu
          * Click New, DWORD Value, type the name of the new DWORD value
            (IEWatsonDisabled)
   5. Double-click DWORD Value IEWatsonDisabled. and set its value to 0 (in the field Value data)
   6. Create a second DWORD value as described in step 4 (steps 4-1 and 4-2), the IEWatsonEnabled name (if it does not already exist). Put the value 0 in the field Value data
   7. The changes are taken into account immediately, and error reports IE will no longer be sent to Microsoft engineers.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "